Author Topic: Ice Age 2 Teaser  (Read 6253 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Ice Age 2 Teaser
« on: July 12, 2005, 05:16:30 PM »
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/ice_age_2/

I guess this has been out for a while, but it's still funny.

I love the reference to "A Christmas Story."

Unfortunately, I have little hope the movie will be as funny.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:19:26 PM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Ice Age 2 Teaser
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 05:46:36 PM »
I love that wacky sabre-tooth squirell.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 10:52:55 PM »
I laughed, but I doubt I'll see it.  Especially since I never saw the first one.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 11:04:49 PM »
I saw (and liked) the first one. There are better movies, but there are many many worse ones as well. I reckon I'll be able to muster the old battle axe to go out and see this with me, so I'll probably see it.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 03:27:22 AM »
I agree with SE, there are better ones but I liked Ice Age (better then recent Pixar movies infact) and have hope that if Shrek 2 was still funny (though not as funny) that Ice Age 2 would be good.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 06:16:47 AM »
I reckon I'll be able to muster the old battle axe to go out and see this with me

Gee, I hope someday to be described like that.  :P  ;)

I wasn't really impressed with the first one. It was passably funny. But not, in my opinion, worth a sequel. But this company hasn't had much success with other movies, has it? I can't remember which CGI movies they've made, but Pixar seems to be the only company making CGI movies of true quality--well-written and well-executed.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 06:32:24 AM »
While I agree that Pixar has a better batting average, Fox Animation has only had 2 movies (Ice Age and Robots) which, in my opinion, were both better the the last two Pixar movies.  Will it be a long time until we see a 3-d animated movie as classic as Toy Story or Monsters INC?  Yes.  Will it be a long time until people forget about the dreadfully boring Finding Nemo or incredibly bland Incredibles? No.  I don't see people latching onto Ice Age or Robots much either (just to be fair), heck Disney's Chicken Little looks to be better then anything else that has come out in the past few years (CGI wise) and that's saying a lot.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 09:22:21 AM »
must... refrain... from... arguing about... movies... with... Spriggan....

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 09:47:42 AM »
That's because you've got nothing monkey boy!  ;D

I judge movies based off if they entertain me, the last two Pixar movies I almost fell asleep while watching in the theater.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 09:56:43 AM »
That's what I"m talking about. I bought (NEEDED) Incredibles the day it came on DVD. Shrek I can take or leave.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 10:01:56 AM »
Spriggan, I have to side with e, I think. I place Incredibles and Nemo far above Ice Age. I haven't seen Robots, but I've had several people say to me that the story was cliche and full of gapping plot holes, which didn't make me want to see it.

But my criteria is pretty much the same as yours--whether or not the movie entertained me. I found the characters unique and story captivating in Nemo and Incredibles, and found the characters annoying and story lacking in Ice Age.

So it really comes down to preference.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 10:02:53 AM by Chimera »
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »
Will it be a long time until people forget about the dreadfully boring Finding Nemo or incredibly bland Incredibles?

I think this is the part I disagree with most, Sprig. You're implying that everyone agrees with you on the quality of these movies. Which implies that because YOU didn't like it, no one did.

Shrek 2 did better than all the other movies we've been talking about, but Incredibles was the #4 movie that year.  And Finding Nemo was the #2 movie that year. Not of animated movies, of ALL movies. Nemo made almost as much money as RETURN OF THE KING. While I don't think how much money a movie makes tells me how good it is, you can't tell me that people won't forget that Nemo was dreadfully boring when it does that well.

Bob

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 10:14:59 AM »
That's becasue there was nothing else good out at the time.  You really can't say with a straight face that 10 years from now people will talk about Finding Nemo as some great animation movie like we do with Toy Story?

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 10:19:59 AM »
Dude, Return of the King! It beat out Pirates of the Caribbean, both Matrix sequels, and X2.
You're telling me that there wasn't anything else that good? Give me a break. and it's not just cuz it was a kids movie. It beat out Elf and Cheaper by the Dozen too, both family flicks that most people I've heard from liked. Your argument just doesn't stand up.

I didn't say they'd be talking about it as amazing in 10 years. I said they wouldn't be remembering "how boring" it was in evena  couple years. Because the public apparently doesn't think that.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 10:32:11 AM »
before you respond, note also that Finding Nemo is the 9th biggest world-wide grosser EVER. In contrast, Fellowship of the Ring was #10.  (amusingly, Episode III is already #19, and still going)

The ranking order of animated movies is
1. Shrek 2
2. Finding Nemo
3. Lion King
4. The Incredibles
5. Monsters, Inc.
6. Aladdin
7. Toy Story 2
8. Shrek
9. Tarzan (Disney)
10. Ice Age (which is number 76 of all kinds of movies)

Nemo did pretty well for a boring movie that people only saw because nothing else was on.

edit: heh, interestingly, every feature film Pixar has ever made is in the top 100 movies of all times, world-wide.