Author Topic: Call for Articles the Next  (Read 56913 times)

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Articles the Next
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 11:50:20 AM »
Hey Fell  /\

Well, that didn't work *stupid page break

You see the news article?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 11:51:39 AM by Skar »
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 01:58:28 PM »
I know it's there, but I haven't looked at it yet. Is it time sensitive?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 04:24:55 PM »
Not greatly.  It would be best if it was posted in the next week or so, but the movie isn't due out until this winter.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »
I will post it soon. Gracias.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 10:08:44 PM »
Jam Session #1: Kicking the Sandbag is in Videogames, of course.

Also, The BIG Weekend Day 1 is in rpgs. Expect day 2 and maybe day 3 later today.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2005, 01:29:56 PM »
Your news post will go up on Monday, Skar. Sound groovy?

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2005, 03:33:29 PM »
Groovy.

-Fellfrosch

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 02:45:00 AM »
Hey! The brothers Gibb sent me a review of Kingdom of Heaven.  I'd rather see that posted than the news article.  

Of course both would be great... Up to you.  Also, I couldn't come up with a front page blurb for the KoH review.  Help me out?

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2005, 04:27:26 AM »
You want this on Monday? I think we can swing that, and then the narnia thing on Friday.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2005, 10:00:21 AM »
Ok, all the con reports are in.

Next from me you can expect some book reviews of classic and not so classic sci fi, followed by some RPG stuff I'm not ready to disclose at this time. Just reviews though, nothing exciting.

Once the first Jam Session gets posted, I'll try to get another in so there's always one in the works.

I have a ton of assignments and tomorrow I start prac, so expect me to be a little sporadic after today. That said, writing reviews is relaxing and keeps me in a writing mode while giving me a break from assignments so you never know.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2005, 07:09:44 PM »
Just as a reminder:  I noticed that Axis & Allies: D-Day is still listed for this Wednesday, but we decided to bump it till the real D-Day (June 6).  Something else will have to go on Wednesday.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2005, 08:38:37 PM »
Yeah, I have to redo that whole schedule. We have plenty, though, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2005, 09:36:01 PM »
WFRP review is in! *twitches*
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 11:08:09 PM »
Our schedule needs help.

I didn't remember for sure if the big weekend reports were supposed to be Jam Session or not, but since doing one every other week would the con report enormously out of date, I assumed they were separate. Let me know if I've got this wrong.

I think this schedule gets us through the end of the D&D backlog, but more will be coming. We also have six WFRP reviews to kick out, a bunch of CCGs coming down the pipe (five that I can think of, with more on the way), so that's a lot of stuff to plan for. I'd kind of like to do a Guild Wars blog, but either way we'll need something about it in the next few weeks.

Somewhere in there, the 20th, I think, is a Magic prerelease, so I'd like to do a prerelease report if Prometheus is up for it. I'll talk to him tomorrow.

If there is anything else you guys are up to (such as Heroclix articles, which we could stand some more of, and Spriggan's SW minis articles, for which I don't know the timeline), let me know.

Also, it's still five weeks away but I'd like to plan a D-Day/WW2 theme week for the June 6 through 10. All start thinking about it.

edit: I knew I'd forgotten something. 42 has an adventure that I have yet to look at. I'll do that now.

edit 2: I just looked it over and it's great. We really need more adventures like this. I'll put it on the schedule after I hear back from 42.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 12:09:51 AM by Fellfrosch »

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2005, 03:01:14 AM »
Yeah, they're seperate. I could probably easily do a Jam Sesh weekly, but can't guarantee it and it fits better  fortnightly.

I might have some more book reviews soonish. That said, I'm extradinarily busy and guarentee nothing but another Jam Sesh on time. You've got a fair bit of stuff from me in the pile though anyway.

The adventures are an excellent thing, they'll draw us visitors. I may get some happening eventually after I see what were looking for.

If we have too many articles we can always run two a day or on weekends, but that just leaves us dry when we run out, and we will.