Author Topic: 05Parental Units and their Logic to Dominate  (Read 6361 times)

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
Re: 05Parental Units and their Logic to Dominate
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 01:18:33 AM »
Most familial problems are relative.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 01:49:37 PM »
I have know some downright unreasonable parents however, unreasonable to the point of abusing their children. Take Clay for instance, clay was 14 lived in a townhouse complex and was not allowed to cross the street by his parents. Except the way the complex was shaped he had to cross the street to do anything. So seriously he wasnt really even allowed to leave his little 10x10 foot front yard.

He almost cried every time my friends and I rode up on our bikes.

It wasn't untill he was out of highschool that he could do anything.

Thats just evil IMHO.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 01:27:04 AM »
It's crippling. Some parents have a desire to protect their kids from everything, then when the kids get out into  the real world, they can't handle anything. Part of growing up and learning to take care of yourself is hardship and suffering.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder