Author Topic: 2005 Oscars  (Read 3685 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Oscars
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »
Some of Katie Holmes's attention has to do with activities outside the movie studio.

Yeah, I'll say. I didn't enjoy her in Batman Begins, though. I agree w/ Fell that part of it is who else she's playing against. However, I've realized it was more her -character- I don't care for, though her acting isn't so great. The character just annoyed me, esp. w/ her lame excuse for dumping Bruce. I mean, come on, what girl in her right mind would dump Batman?? I think the Scarecrow's fright powder scrambled her brains somehow.

Anyhow, I'm also mildly surprised that Christian Hayden was nom. for a razzie. Cmopared with the other prequel, he was more in control in this movie I think than other actors were in the many movies of 2005. *shrug* In fact, Ep. 3 is the only one of the prequels that I'd actually watch again--though not just because of Hayden.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 05:37:20 PM »
This guy sums up my feelings quite nicely, actually: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=287567
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »

I mean, come on, what girl in her right mind would dump Batman??

Well, let's see here, what happens to everybody who gets close to Bruce. *SPOILERS* Batgirl gets paralyzed, the first Robin dies, the next Robin becomes a messed-up vigilante, and the last Robin becomes the Joker.

Essentially, being the Bat's buddy means your life would be better if you hung out with anyone else.

There is a reason why the JLA only kept him on as a part-timer.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 06:12:17 PM »
Okay, I meant -besides- the whole routine peril thing. I mean, I'd rather take my chances than miss out on one-on-one time with Batman.

By the by, if Holmes' character had dumped him for another reason--like he forgot their anniversary or started dating his hot receptionist--then I'd have more sympathy for her. ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:13:50 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 09:12:54 AM »

Well, let's see here, what happens to everybody who gets close to Bruce. *SPOILERS* Batgirl gets paralyzed, the first Robin dies, the next Robin becomes a messed-up vigilante, and the last Robin becomes the Joker.

Essentially, being the Bat's buddy means your life would be better if you hung out with anyone else.

There is a reason why the JLA only kept him on as a part-timer.

Because I'm the comic nerd, I have to pick nits. Dick Grayson/Nightwing was the first Robin. It was the second Robin who was killed.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 09:25:13 AM »

Because I'm the comic nerd, I have to pick nits. Dick Grayson/Nightwing was the first Robin. It was the second Robin who was killed.

My faux pa.  :-[
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.