Author Topic: 10 best non-movies  (Read 1741 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
10 best non-movies
« on: February 16, 2006, 11:16:25 AM »
http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/scifi.html

I'm looking for opinions. Some of his ideas are insightful. I have a lot to say about Star Wars, but I dont' think I'm opening that can of worms here for a long time.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: 10 best non-movies
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 11:54:43 AM »
Pretty sure I agree with his Starwars take
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 12:07:37 PM »
I agree with most of his comments, actually. I still think you can do a prequel well, which he seems to think is an impossibility, but other than that he's pretty much on the money.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 12:07:57 PM »
Heh.

10) I've never seen aliens 3, but that gibson script I read last night, and it rocked.

9) HHGttG was pretty poor. I barely laughed once. Just typical pop american humour.

4) Starcraft i've never been impressed by, universe wise. It's just 40k mark 2. Theres a 40k fan movie being made by some germans, but god knows if they'll ever finish it.

3) I still don't think Snow Crash would work. But Terry Gilliam would make it have the right feel.

1) I thought the highway chase scene in Reloaded was easily the best part of the sequels. It was an exciting desperate fight. The rest of the movies were either bland, overdone or purposely trying to be confusing in order to appear deep.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch