Author Topic: Night Watch  (Read 1180 times)

pgmatg

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Russian DVDs
Night Watch
« on: March 18, 2006, 04:14:58 PM »
There is a very good Russian Sci-Fi / Fantasy movie "Night watch" in theaters now  ("Lord of the Rings" meets "Prophecy"). Did anyone see it? The movie been out on DVD for some time, but since Fox bought all American distribution rights, they have mandated to stop making NTSC formatted dvds of it. The disk has been slowly disappearing from even Russian stores in America. And Fox kept postponing the release until recent limited release, while sequel "Day Watch" is already out in Russia on pal dvd (without subs only). Both installments beat American movies in Russia. And the studio is insisting on filming the 3rd part in English. Ain't US movie studios wonderful

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Night Watch
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 05:39:11 PM »
Yes, well I'm glad it took a bot to help remind me that I had seen this not more than 3 days ago. But it is true. Night Watch is a good film. I did enjoy it.

It's definately a different sort of vampire movie than your Blade or Underworld sorts of cookie cutter movies.

The movie being in Russian was excellent and I had no problem reading the subtitles, keeping the original language in the soundtrack really gave it more depth.

It's a bit gorey and graphic in some parts, definately not a kids movie. I can't wait to see more films come out of Russia.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo