Author Topic: Dune: Extended edition??  (Read 1091 times)

darkjetti81

Dune: Extended edition??
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:24:59 PM »
Hey I just got a new copy of the Origional Dune!  It's neat.  It comes in a nifty stainless steel case, and it has the 3 hour extended edition that I have only seen air on Sci-Fi Channel like one time.  :)

The extended has a lot of deleted scenes and varied dialogue, but I think overall it was SHWEET!  
Oh and on the othe side of the DVD it still has the theatrical edition.

Anyways, just wanted to let all the DUNE and Sci-Fi fans know about the new edition, because I had been looking for the 3 hour cut for a long time now.

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Dune: Extended edition??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:45:11 PM »
If this is the version I've seen, I couldn't stand the first ten minutes and gave up.  All it was was a voiceover of portions of the text, while poorly-drawn pictures were flashed on the screen.  Maybe it got better, but I was so turned off by that lame adaptation technique that I turned it off.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 12:13:27 AM »
the extended edition also has a jacked up soundtrack, because the movie was scored for the theatrical release.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

darkjetti81

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 08:01:40 PM »
I agree the beginning was kinda lame, but once the story started, i couldn't believe all of the change in dialogue and deleted scenes (like the drowning of the worms to get the water of life, and stuff like that).

I don't know.. I felt it added more to the story that they had left out in the theatrical release.  But yeah, the soundtrack *was* messed up.  The theatrical release had way better timing and choice for the music.