Author Topic: Lost! Round III ***spoilers***  (Read 10843 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Lost! Round III ***spoilers***
« on: September 10, 2006, 09:00:55 PM »
"You even got Locke to take a swing at you. Hell, that's like getting Ghandi to beat up his kids!"
--James Ford (aka Sawyer)

Oct. 4th 2006: my mom's b-day AND the day that "Lost" kicks off Season III. woohoo!! Suffice it to say, she's very excited about getting such a cool present. What will happen now that the hatch was blown to kingdom come? What is "Henry Gale" plotting next? When will Charlie stop being a git?! Will Hurley ever have another shot at love now that poor Libby's dead? Have we really seen the last of Walt? And Desmond (*sigh*)?

Anyhow, I've been watching Season II on DVD. Dude, I forgot how Jack's wife had been cheating on him when she took off! I had forgotten how the Others only put "good people" on their list. Also, I didn't remember exactly why Kate said she killed her real dad. I hope it means that she and Sawyer will never really get together. Oh, and Sawyer (who I am sure got his name from Locke's con-man daddy) squashed that itty bitty frog. waaaa!

I, for one, can't wait for the next chapter of "Islandtown."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:25:22 PM by Tage »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Lost! Round III
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 02:31:13 AM »
Wait--is Kate's real dad Sawyer's dad? It's harder to make these connections when you're watching it in real time rather than all together on DVD. Maybe that should be my Netflixing for the next month till the new season comes out!
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 02:59:56 PM »
Wait--is Kate's real dad Sawyer's dad?
Oh, nope. Sorry for the wrong impression. What happened is that, while Sawyer is all feverish from the bullet wound, Kate feels like her father's ghost is speaking to her through Sawyer's mumbling.

So when he asks, "Why?" Kate thinks her real dad--Wayne--is asking why she killed him. (I think this is right before Sawyer tries to strangle Kate from his sick bed and she runs out, leaving him on the floor).

Later, Kate comes back to answer Sawyer's/Wayne's question:

"Can you hear me? Sawyer? Wayne? I'm probably crazy and this doesn't matter, but maybe you're in there somehow. You asked me a question. You asked me why I -- why I did it. It wasn't because you drove my [adopted] father away, or the way you looked at me, or because you beat her [my mom]. It's because I hated that you were a part of me -- that I would never be good. That I would never have anything good. And every time that I look at Sawyer -- every time I feel something for him -- I see you, Wayne. It makes me sick.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 03:01:06 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »
Tomorrow is LOSTnesday!!!  And I'm off work so I can watch it, yay!
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 10:40:09 AM »
Maybe I'll it before work tonight, and be completely lost because I haven't watched since the middle of the first season... Hmmm, catching up to do, I do have.

Oh Well, the Battlestar Galactica has been my steadfast steed these past few weeks, all leading up to FRIDAY!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 01:29:36 PM »
Lost tonight, yay!! (My mom's birthday, too.) I am entirely too excited about the premiere but oh, well. There will be popcorn tonight! ;D
--Spriggan

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 08:21:55 PM »
Did anyone else notice that they were airing a lot of new ads during the premiere of Lost? It was almost like like the superbowl.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 09:38:13 PM »
Well, I noticed that about a 1/2 hour of the show was ads, but didn't really pay attention to the content.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 10:38:33 PM »
Awww, so no one liked the premier? I, for one, was very interested to see how they were treating the prisoners differently. They have big plans for Jack--he's the only one they're even trying to "turn."

And in the next show, when Ben ("Henry Gale") is telling Jack that he has lived on this island his whole life, *that* was astounding. The Others really must be some kind of prisoners, and I think they want to sabotage the island so they can get off. It was funny when Jack was like, "Haha, yeah, the Red Sox won the World Series. Riiight." But then Ben showed him that clip. A taste of home, indeed. ;)
--Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 12:01:42 AM »
And in the next show, when Ben ("Henry Gale") is telling Jack that he has lived on this island his whole life, *that* was astounding.

Yeah, but I didn't believe it.  He's said some other stuff that negates that in my mind.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 12:56:49 AM »
Hmm. You're right. He'd tell Jack anything, huh. I do think that Ben is dying to get off the island. The blonde shrink, Julia, kinda makes my hair stand on end. She's cunning like Ben but in a more seductive way, which is exactly why she's been trying to cozy up to Jack. The only hope is maybe Jack will end up turning *her*. She doesn't seem happy in castaway suburbia (based on the first scene of the premier).

Oh, and my what a kiss that was with Sawyer and Kate.

It sucks that I was right about Sun not telling the whole truth, though. :P I don't think her boyfriend jumped to his death after Jin pummeled the guy. I'm thinking that Sun's dad had someone waiting to finish the job if Jin just couldn't do it. Sun, what have you done!! And is Jin the daddy or not? :(
--Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 03:13:27 AM »
Lost is losing me, actually. The flashbacks aren't really advancing the story any, and the plot moves about as fast as a Robert Jordan book this season. I'm going to be saving up the next few episodes on my DVR and watch them all at once and see if the pace feels like it picks up at all.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 10:11:01 AM »
That's a good idea, stacer.  I think I'll try that as well.  I've been keeping up with the series, but mostly I end up feeling frustrated that I don't know any more of what's happening than I did at the start of this season.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Parker

• Level 12
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 12:22:41 PM »
I've actually thought the first two episodes this season have been outstanding.  I wasn't looking forward to another Sun/Jin set of flashbacks, but they even managed to make those interesting for me.  I agree about the Robert Jordan comment though--I think it's due to them having four separate plot lines running in an hour a week show.  Jack, Kate/Sawyer, Sayid and the Gang, and now this week everyone back at the Hatch Camp.  Still, I think they've managed to deal with it well, and I'm interested to see where it goes.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »
They have all of this stuff going on that they don't even have time to show us what is going on with the rest of the survivors back at the camp. Granted, probably nothing interesting is happening, but it's weird that they suddenly don't matter!

I feel frustrated. They realized from the beginning that this series could only last so long and I feel they're trying to stretch it out as much as possible. I understand creating suspence, but I think they're taking it a little too far by slowing down the pacing to almost a stand still.