Author Topic: Heroes ***spoilers***  (Read 36040 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Heroes
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2006, 04:58:06 PM »
Last night's episode was a little weaker than the last two--it seemed like not very much happened overall. Still, it had some very cool moments, and two good cliffhangers at the end instead of one awesome one; that's probably a fair trade.

Though I've decided to stop watching the previews for the next episode--they give way too much away. Last week they actually showed one of this week's cliffhangers as a preview, which is all kinds of dumb, and this week they showed way too much of next week's show.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 08:39:03 PM »
I liked last night's episode. There was a lot of just moving people around and trying to get character's in the right position for next week.

Revealing that Peter's power is really that he can mimic the powers of others caught me off gaurd. I guess I just wasn't paying that close attention before.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes ***spoilers***
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 05:13:37 AM »
I don't see the previews, which is probably for the best.

I liked Claire driving the car into the wall. That was a satisfying end to that little storyline (though I hope they spend more time on the repercussions, unlike the autopsy which sort of resolved itself with a hint of anti-climax).

Niki's alter ego (referred to as 'Inik' at a recap site I read) was surprisingly low-key. Not sure what I expected though. No physical changes that I could see, though the tattoo wasn't visible when she was lying in the bed.

Nathan Petrelli: a bigger dick than superman.

More analysis later!
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »
I was thinking how interesting it would be if it was really 'Inik' who killed those people (the ones in the desert with the skull ring), instead of her husband. And maybe he knows about her alter-ego, and loves her, which is why he's on the run, instead of revealing that it was really her who did it.

Just a thought. Cause I'm a hopeless romantic.

Remember when Inik said 'our son'? I thought that was interesting. Was she referring to Niki, or....Niki's husband?
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »
What really has me curious about Niki and Nathan is when the two bad guys showed up and said "just take the one." I have a few theories about that:

1. When Niki is in her own form, not DoppleNiki, she doesn't "register" as a super so they didn't know. But in that case, it would hardly make sense to say "just take the one."

2. The tattoo on her back means that she may possibly have come from the bad guys already--she either worked for them, or was created by them, or imprisoned by them, or something, so they didn't need her back.

3. Nathan is working with the bad guys already, which explains why he is so reticent to discuss his powers at all.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 08:16:10 PM »
I feel like this is being dragged out and prolonged more than it needs to be. However, I understand that with the somewhat large ensemble cast it's going to take a while to get much in the way of plot.

I am enjoying how each of the characters' stories are coming together.

Peter gets a scar? Oh noes! Hiro has learned English? and has a sword? and no longer wears his glasses? What in the world has happened to the future that Isaac and Hiro had seen?

Also, the guy who is playing Peter's character looks really really dumb in that last scene. To the point that I am disliking him. I just want to punch him in the mouth and make him explode or something.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 08:17:37 PM by Gemm »
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 08:51:44 PM »
The actor playing Peter needs to portray him with more inner strength to make him more likeable. He seems kind of weak so far.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »
Watch him in that last scene from the latest episode. He contorts his face in such a manner that it disgusts me and makes me want to do harmful things to him.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 12:36:58 PM »
I like him, if only because he's one of the few "nice guys" in the ensemble. The other one being Hiro, of course, who's the coolest character in the show.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 01:02:21 PM »
I agree with Fell. Originally I liked Nathan, too, but that thing with Niki...uncool.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 01:04:35 PM »
I really doubt that Isaac needs to use drugs to see the future. I think he could do it without, but uses them as a crutch. I hope he figures this out soon (if I'm right).

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
I really doubt that Isaac needs to use drugs to see the future. I think he could do it without, but uses them as a crutch. I hope he figures this out soon (if I'm right).

I actually was thinking about this right after this week's show. What if Peter got around Isaac and tried to see the future, and it knocked him out our caused him pain or something? It could show that seeing the future is too much for the human mind. I think it'd be more interesting if Isaac's heroin use is actually a shield against his power, so he can use it without seriously harming himself.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 05:45:38 PM »
That's an intriguing thought. Or maybe seeing the future is too confusing to interpret (kind of like seeing the present on heroin) so seeing the future on heroin reverses things and allows you to see it normally.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2006, 10:14:57 AM »
Peter actually drew the future after visiting Issac, but I can't remember what he drew. It was a pencil drawing of some sort I think?

And I suspect Issac's relationship with heroin is complicated and will dog the cast for some time to come, along with Niki/Nathans mob connections and the growing list of crimes commited by the characters.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 02:21:02 AM »
Wow,  much better episode than last week. I missed the very beginning, though--how did Nathan end up flying? Did we see him escape from "some guys trying to shove me into a van," or is his brief reference to it later the only explanation?