Author Topic: New Game Beta test  (Read 2876 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
New Game Beta test
« on: November 08, 2002, 12:37:28 AM »
Well I've got a new game almost done.  I haven't named it yet but here's a test of it.  It's going to be like araconid, you bounce the ball with the paddle and break the blocks.  In this version you can bounce the ball around and watch it bounce off the unbreable blocks.  Sorry the ones you can break have been added yet.  the way that you delete the blocks requires me do do some things that I don't have time to finish tonight.  So basicaly what I need is toughts on the speed of the ball and the size of the playing field and scale of the objects.  Note: the colors aren't finalized yet either.

www.timewastersguide.com/VG/NickelCade/test.swf
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: New Game Beta test
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 01:43:32 PM »
The ball moves way too fast for the paddle, and it suffers the same weird bug as the punching game--you have to click on the screen before it lets you do anything. In the punching game it wasn't a problem, but here it slows you down quite a bit.

Looks cool, though. I don't want to sound soverly negative, I'm just trying to give helpful comments.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2002, 01:44:08 PM by Fellfrosch »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2002, 10:24:56 PM »
ok thanks Fell, nope it's not negative if I didn't want a little criticism I wouldn't post.  I thought that the ball moved too slow.  also it's not a 'bug' you just have to have made sure that the flash is active program.  Just like you have to click in this box to be able to type a post.  But never the less, when I actualy have the game done It'll have a click here to start button so that problem will be solved.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2002, 06:26:25 AM »
ok 2 things.  I added the grid plotting system, but there are so may hittests that the game virtualy comes to a crawl.  and i'm haveing problems getting the blocks to dissapear.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 09:09:28 PM »
Uh, I don't get anything at all when I click on the link.  Have you taken down the game?
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2002, 12:53:39 AM »
nope it's still there.  could be two things.
1) and most likely you've haven't been on the internet for quite some time.  I use flash 6 now your flash player is probaly still 5.  so goto http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P5_Language=English
to get it.  When I finish the game I'll have code in it that will detect if you have the flash player and if not redirect you to the above site.
2) it does open up a new window so if you have software that blocks popus it may be interfearing with it.