Author Topic: Life or Riley  (Read 2303 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Life or Riley
« on: April 17, 2003, 04:16:14 PM »
Just stubled on this one, been around for quite a while an from what Scott kurtz says is very popular.  Imangine Penny-arcade+buffy the vampire slayer and you've got a loose description.

http://www.clanbob.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=4
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Life or Riley
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 04:44:01 PM »
I've been reading that for quite some time now, and I'm not sure exactly how to express my opinion.

On the one hand, I started reading it because it was FUNNY. The idea of a liberal arts major getting his A+ and thereby gaining super powers was funny to me, not to mention the gigantic paint ball war in the early archives.

However, all of this star seed stuff has gotten out of hand. It seems that they rely a lot on inside jokes for people who hang out at and/or belong to Clan Bob. Frankly, a lot of the comic's internal metaphysics don't make a lot of sense, and he has a LOT of characters who relationships are unclear and whose names are similar.

Don't get me wrong, I still read it. He has some interesting things, and I definitely think it's worth the look. But it's not as good as a lot of other places because it lacks a certain coherence and ease of comprehension.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 04:50:44 PM »
ya that's true, I read the whole arcive in one sitting so I understood it a little better.  But I do love basicaly anythings with the Dans in it.  The funniest moments are between the "story arcs" where there's more of a penny-arcade thing going on.  The last story with the angle chick in france I skimmed though it just didn't keep my intrest.  But the Dan Vs Evil Dan was great.

And for those of you who don't know the A+ we're talking about is a computer certafactaion.  Dan goes goku and becomes smarter thus "useing the powers of the universe to do nothing but solve math problems and fix computers".
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 04:52:41 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 05:08:49 PM »
Yeah, this last arc I think is what I'm thinking about the most. It bored me as well, and I've been reading it as it comes out.

And I also agree that then entr'act episodes are the best. Give me the funny!

Though I don't mind arcs that still make jokes (again, the paint ball war where Clan Bob actually shows up).