Author Topic: Free Comic Day  (Read 2156 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Free Comic Day
« on: May 05, 2003, 05:48:06 PM »
Did anyone else participate?

I thought it'd be "free anything" but there's a limited selection of crappy comics marked specifically for free. Most of them reprints of really old issues. Which is why I accidentally picked up a copy of "Leave it to Chance" that I already had *shakes fist* I also managed to weasel a copy of Way of the Rat, which looks interesting but not enough to make me spend money. However, if I ever get back into that habit, I may check out a couple other CrossGen titles.

They also gave away a free card (of X-Men, and which I dropped somewhere and couldn't be bothered to go back and look) and a free Hero Clix Hulk. No idea how good the figure was. I don't know how to play Clix. It does make a fun "clicky-clicky" sound when I spin the base though, so I used it to annoy theater goers. Also, it'll make a good miniature when I need a Giant or something to come on the scene.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Free Comic Day
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 06:11:12 PM »
I ignored free comic day because the selection of available comics was really crappy. I didn't know there was a Hulk figure though! Dang, now I'm kicking myself.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net