Author Topic: Flash GAMES  (Read 12018 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Flash GAMES
« on: May 29, 2002, 12:56:47 PM »
Well as soon as 42 does the artwork out first flash game will be done.  Make your own Droid is the first simple game.  it will allow you to custamise a droid from different selections (Head, torso, right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg, and accesories)  you can select the different parts from a menu and then place them on your droid how you like.  Right now there will only be 4 different droid parts avalible in each section (accesories may have more), we do plan to add more later and intergrate a final "stats" screen and maybe let you print it out with the picture.  But I need to realy work on figureing out all that code.  I've allready spent about 4 hours on this program.  anyway sence i can't draw 42's doing the art work and we may accept submissions to be placed in the program.  so hopefully it will be up tomorrow.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: Flash GAMES
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2002, 10:15:10 PM »
That's awesome, Sprig.  Do you guys have a login account ready yet?

Oh, and if we're going to put this in the Tower of Cheapness, which I still think is the best idea, your day will be Thursdays (so tommorow is perfect.)  Whenever you want to give me an update, we'll do it on Thursdays--that is when I intend to review free games and the like.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2002, 11:07:27 PM »
i do have a login, but i can only edit and add reviews.  which before now is all i needed.  i don't know if Tage wants me to resend him my login and pswd to change my access level.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 10:33:25 AM »
ack couldn't sleep at all last night so i finished the program.  this is a beta version.  First off know issues:
1) yes i know there's no color.  i'm trying to figure out how to let the user set the color.
2) yes i know that there are only 2 robots.  I said four but we ended up only doing two for now.
3) the items are layers in the order that you choose them from the bottem up, i suggest you choose the torso last (or you can delete the torso and reselect it).  I'll try and find a way to make the torso allwayse on top.
4) yes the white background is ugly we're working on it.
5) there will eventualy be an option to turn the music on and off.
6) I will be adding sound effects such as clanking metal and drill sounds.
7) I'm trying to work out a way to let you scale and rotate each item.  I've got something but it might take a while.
8) I will be changeing the menu system to allow for more items and make it look cooler.

if you have any other suggestions or ideas post them here or let me know via e-mail.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2002, 11:49:42 PM »
...is there supposed to be a link to the game, sprig, or is it on the main page somewhere?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 10:13:13 AM »
i posted earily thinking Tage would give me or 42 access to post that afternoon.  I was wrong, I can't put it anywere yet.  

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 11:33:44 AM »
Supposedly, I got a password, I'm just having a little trouble getting it to work.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Cecile G. Bagsworth The 3rd

• Administrator
  • Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love money.
    • View Profile
    • TWG
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 12:38:46 PM »
What's the trouble?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2002, 01:07:15 PM »
It just doesn't seem to work. Am I going to the wrong place to log in?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2002, 01:43:31 PM »
Yeah, this confused me.  You have to add an 'admin.php' to the end of the TWG URL to login as an admin.  Go to www.timewastersguide.com/admin.php

Ben never really explained that to me, so I kept trying to use the little login place at the bottom lefthand part of the screen.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2002, 03:05:19 PM »
Tried that. Didn't work.

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2002, 05:10:44 PM »
when exactly do we get the game????

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2002, 05:59:51 PM »
When we can get it posted. ;D

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2002, 09:50:51 PM »
Wow.  That didn't work?  It did bring up the admin login screen, right?  Everything's case sensitive--I have to type EUOL, not euol.  

Wait--as I recall, there are two sepearate passwords you need to have.  One gives you ftp access, the other gives you admin priviledges to the PhP Nuke section.  Maybe he only gave you ftp access.  If that's the case, you can upload, you just can't post a link on the main page.  

If nothing works, you could always email it to me (though it's probably big, eh?) and have me post it for you.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2002, 10:40:24 PM »
i have and admin login, how do you get to the ftp section???  humm ok 42's going to try to connect via dreamweaver's ftp program, if it works well upload it and make link here.
Also EUOL, Tage is up there in IF right now maybe you can talk to him.  i don't think he's comming back untill sunday night.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2002, 10:44:55 PM by Spriggan »