Author Topic: Tossing around game ideas  (Read 1706 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Tossing around game ideas
« on: December 09, 2003, 05:01:12 AM »
Well it's not realy a game.  But while I'm finishing up the "Distort Face" program I thought of doing something that resembles Magnetic Poetry.  Does this sound intresting and if so any ideas on how to make a game out of it?  I can realy easly make a program that will let you move and drag words around like Magnetic Poerty (like in an hour or two), but that seams too simple and not that fun.  So lay on me ideas people!!
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: Tossing around game ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 03:14:17 PM »
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is like the Homestar Talking game--i.e., if they put the right words together and make the phrase you intend, they get a prize or points or something.  You could make those words dissapear, and they could try to make all of them on the screen eventually go away.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Tossing around game ideas
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 09:12:16 PM »
Sounds sort of like Psychobabble, a multiplayer games on popcap.com. It's really fanatastically fun, even if it does degenerate to making the rudest, funniest double entendre, and combing existing words into curse words.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy