Author Topic: The stupidest thing you've ever done...  (Read 4274 times)

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: The stupidest thing you've ever done...
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2003, 09:51:18 PM »
EUOL, that is the funniest thing I have heard in, ooh, the last few hours. That's some advice I'll have to remember, along with "Never spit in a man's face unless his moustache is on fire".
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2003, 01:39:34 PM »
That's awesome, EUOL.

Okay, here's mine. Let me establish the scene for you: My wife and I live in the same condo complex as her brother and sister-in-law, so we often go up there to hang out while our kids are asleep (taking the baby monitor with us). On one particular evening my father-in-law was visiting, and we were all upstairs at the other house tolerating his presence--nobody likes my father-in-law.

So eventually we hear 5-month-old crying on the baby monitor, so we go downstairs to change his diaper and whatnot. While we're down there we start mocking my father-in-law pretty mercilessly, as he'd been slightly ruder than normal that evening. We comment on how he's a big bully, and drop a few comments regarding his intelligence, and right about then we realize that we're saying all of this--you guessed it--less than three feet from the baby monitor.

As you can imagine, we were almost too frightened to go back upstairs. We literally thought that all peace in our lives had just ended. We finally got the courage to go back upstairs, and eralized that they had unplugged the monitor as soon as we left, because the crying baby was drowning out their movie. They hadn't heard a thing, and we breathed a profound sigh of relief. Sufffice it to say, we try to be a lot more complimentary of my father-in-law these days.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Kuntrey_Pilgrum

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • One by one, the penguins stold my sanity....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 06:43:09 PM »
THIS is the stupidest thing I have ever done.  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! ;D
No Ninja Monkey can stand up to my Penguin Commandos! ATTACK!!!!

"This has to be an indicator of insanity. Not only am I talking to myself, i'm refusing to speak to me!"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 08:04:29 PM »
Hey look!  Someone is about to get a Ban!

I'm fairly sure we've warned you about bumping old threads, either way this is your last when it comes to this topic.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 08:06:39 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.