Author Topic: Page 33, Vol. I, #7  (Read 2208 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Page 33, Vol. I, #7
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 06:45:49 PM »
I have trouble understanding comic books. I had never even seen one until I moved out here, subsequently I don't harbor much interest in them.

By the way, have you been canonized yet?
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 08:50:01 AM »
several times over.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:47:04 PM »
The trouble with Hal is that hes' far more interesting than his writers allow him to be. A brave, bold, relentless superhero who's also a big jerk who makes stupid decisions? That sounds awesome, and there's a ton of creative space to explore character and impact and so on. But only if you deal with that aspect of his character, and approach it directly, and make it say something or mean something. With Hal, it's just left in the background and we're supposed to just take it in stride.

Probably no one on this forum loves Green Lantern more than I do, and no one is happier to see Hal back. But here's hoping they start exploring his character instead of just taking it for granted.

P.S.: Despite my love for Hal, Kyle should definitely have stayed in the JLA. Let Hal run the Corps and have a true sci-fi title, and keep Kyle where he belongs.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 10:50:05 AM »
That's actually the subject of my next page 33. Seriously. It's already half written in my mind.