Departments > Webcomics & Free Stuff

Webcomics You Read Regularly

<< < (2/4) > >>

MPlease:
I'm a big fan of User Friendly. It may not be the most plot intensive webcomic, best drawn, or even the funniest, but I think it's absolutely hilarious and Dust Puppy is so cute! I really need to get a plush Dust Puppy one of these days...

Harbinger:
I just tried the "user friendly" link and it asked me for a user name and password. Maybe the joke is that it's called "user friendly" but isn't. Isn't it ironic? Don't you...ah, forget it.

Spriggan:
it's actually .org not .com

Mr_Pleasington:
1. Penny-Arcade - these make my week.
2. PvP - Kurtz sometimes makes something great, most of the time its only slightly above average.
3. Order of the Stick - How can you not love these guys?
4. Wapsi Square - When it is funny, it is really good. When it tries to go dark and moody it is virtually indesciferable.  

I quit reading 8-Bit before the comic even got to the pirates.  I just started to lose interest then.  

Entsuropi:
The grand list, ones that I know the update days for and check for their updates. There are a few others that I wander into every so often but this list is long enough as it is :P

Penny Arcade - i'm a gamer. I love PA, and it's newsposts are the most interesting rants in all of webcomicdom.

Megatokyo - it's gone kind of wierd but I still read it and enjoy it. Wish the characters would grow a little though. Mostly interested in how Kimiko copes with being an otaku idol. It's sped up a lot now.

The Midlands - a urban fantasy (I guess) story of multiple realities, elves and political intrigue. Takes a long while to get going but it's got a cast of fascinating characters and a storyline that's not blatently obvious. Has nudity, quite a lot of it.

Questionable Content - fun but i'm getting tired of it being a constant round of sitcom-esque jokes and little actual plot.  He needs to remember the lesson of Megatokyo.

Order of the Stick - the jokes are kind of obvious but it's still pretty funny. Reminds me of Team America - sometimes you forget it's a giant satire and then something really silly happens.

Misfile - a bizarre little comic about a couple of inept angels and two kids whose life they managed to screw up (by dropping 2 years off of one and making the other the wrong gender). Has nudity. Not as bad as I just made it sound :P

Control Alt Delete - the best strips are the ones with no plot. The story of the 4 geeks is, i'm afraid, kind of boring. I prefer the strips with the red guy and the blue guy.

Aikida - started out as a gamer comic, turned into a sitcom, and recently the author rebooted the comic and appears to be using the same characters in a fantasy/punk world. Not gone far enough with the new plot to see how good it is. The original version was okish, but nothing amazing.

Nodwick - i've got the LJ feed for this. It's a quick bit of fun that pops up on my friends list. Full frontal nerdity is pretty funny, nodwick itself less so.

Chugworth - written by a fellow brit. Silly, not updating as often as could be hoped. Not the best comic ever, but kind of amusing. Borderline nudity.

Something Positive - I rejuvinate my cynical energies at the great shrine of S*P. I don't like the art style but the characters are great. I'm thinking he needs to move the plot a little faster though. And too often the main character can stun people into silence - it has a very faint tinge of Mary Sue sometimes.

Simulated Comic Project - a comic thats a set of one-shot jokes. Bizarre and funny. Can be hit and miss, but when he hits I love him for it.

GU Comics - one-panel joke comic about MMORPG's and general computer gaming. Funny. If you click on the comic it'll take you to the forum thread for it, with a short newspost style thing by the author and a discussion thread about the things the strip was about. Great if your a MMORPG fan, not so great otherwise.

Irregular Webcomic - a comic made out of lego! I don't get a lot of the jokes, and the puns are kind of boring, but I still like IWC. Some storylines are better than others, but I love how he organises and sorts his archive.

Concerned - the story of Gordon Frohman, as he goes through the Half Life 2 story settings messing them up, shortly before Freeman gets there. Silly, but funny. Includes lots of jokes about HL2 and it's idiosyncracies. The author explains a lot of the more obscure stuff in his newsposts below the comic.

Earthsong - a new comic. Waiting to see how it goes. It's moving at a fair clip, but the characters, thus far, are not the most interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version