Author Topic: Behind the Counter #1  (Read 5509 times)

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: Behind the Counter #1
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 06:31:46 PM »
Okay if I am remembering right.  Whatever your Humanity is at, that is the max dice pool you can have for social interaction with humans.  So like if your total dice pool for a situation is 8, but your Humanity is 5, then you get 8 when working with other vamps but only 5 for humans (as you are limited to your humanity score).  Also if your score falls below 7, like 5 to 4, or 4 to 3, then you also have a chance of picking up a... I forget what they are called now, but a quirk or phobia or whatever.

That makes sense I guess, but then it made me wonder if they were trying to stranglehold you into playing a good guy by adding in lots of penalties for being evil.  Just trying to decide if it was worth buying, as I would also want a hardcopy of nWoD (unlike the old Vampire, you need both the World of Darkness and Vampire books to play- as a note for those who don't have it).  So it would be more like 60+ bucks for it, and I probably wouldn't play it too much, so I'm not sure yet...
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »
Well, maybe I'll do a review of V:TR one of these days. I can be awfully fickle though.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 06:42:58 PM »
You should have cleansed with fire, then nuked the site from orbit (only way to be sure).
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 06:51:57 PM »
then I wouldnt have worked at a game store.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 07:57:59 PM »
Hey, I don't hear the people at ground zero complaining.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder