Author Topic: Henchmen City  (Read 4700 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Henchmen City
« on: January 18, 2006, 02:42:20 PM »
SE and I would like to announce HenchmenCity.com your one stop destination for all your evil needs.

This is actually something for my web design class that SE helped me develop the concept for, I have to create a fake company that my teacher will then take the roll of as a client then throughout the semester I'll have to create the website for class.  I do plan on getting the domain name sometime soon and actually uploading what I've done for class.  The following is the document I'll be submitting to my teacher as a general outline tonight (it's an internet class), but I'm posting it here to get comments suggestions or text revisions for clarification. If anyone wants to help out later on when I start making the site, i.e. by creating devices, equipment, henchmen types (and yes Ninja Monkeys are on it) or lairs let me know.  I'm going to have to come up with a standard for all

Company name: Henchmen City

Primary goal: Henchmen City is the one stop shopping site where any despot, evil scientist, super villain, or random thug, can get items or manpower for what ever scheme they have worked up.  We provide any service that might be needed while specializing in the training and renting out of Henchmen whether it be for taking over the world or breaking kneecaps we've got the right man, or woman, for the job.

Primary audience:  Villains of all types, mostly the evil mastermind time that needs good help, and has the money to spend on it.

Website goals:  As a evil mastermind it's hard getting good help, HenchmenCity.com is here to change that by offering easy to use and up to date listings of all the local henchmen, available timeshares on evil lairs, and the latest in over the top devices that one needs to take over the world.

Content/Services:
     Rent or lease our highly trained Henchmen, all come with a 30 day money back guarantee.
     Or browse through our listings of Henchmen for hire in your local area.
     No more black and white prison stripes, our expert tailors can design your Henchmen a custom outfit based off the information you submit via our interactive uniform designer.
     Now that you've got your Henchmen and your uniforms it's time to get the latest equipment and gadgets so they can get the job done.  Our online store always stays up to date and offers user reviews so you can see what other evil geniuses think of the products.
     And what villainous organization would be complete without a theme song?  Or in house musicians will create the song that will let your enemies know not to mess with you or your Henchmen anymore.
     Move around a lot?  Or don't have enough money for a private island with a volcano? Why not invest in a timeshare?  Or, if you need to get rid of your timeshare list it with us, we'll help you sell it on the web's most comprehensive listing of secret lair timeshares.
     Or if your most recent caper went off without a hitch why not invest in your very own secret lair?  We offer used, pre-built and custom lairs just for you.

Usability concerns: The site has a lot of content so the navigation needs to be as simple as possible while still allowing for multiple levels.  The Site will have to run off a database with a PHP backend so that the listings of Henchmen, equipment, and lairs can easily be kept up to date.  The uniform creator should be done in flash and allow for the content to be submitted to the proper department via an order form (e-mail?).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Henchmen City
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »
The site seriously should look like and feel like a temp agency. An evil temp agency. I guess that is redundant.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »
My teacher e-mailed me this week to talk about how cool my idea is and how much fun he's going to have role-playing the client.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 09:28:16 AM »
Awesome.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 09:35:47 AM »
Hehe, this thread has been getting City of Villains Google adds which is cooler then your j-girls thread which for some reason gives me links to Bill Murry's Scrooged on DVD and not hot Japanese women.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 11:53:32 AM »
You can get Bill Murray's Scrooged on hot Japanese women?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 07:22:50 AM »
I need to come up with a color scheme for this site this week.

I've been thinking of red/black and a little yellow then realized that those are the colors that the CoV site uses.  Curses!  Now I have to come up with something else.

Maybe I'll do "Legion of Doom" colors, ie only colors found on the Legion's dome in the old Super Friends cartoon, though I don't think that's a regularly accepted color system in graphic design.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 09:34:46 AM »
Wasn't it purple?
I swear Lex had the worst costume in that show.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 09:37:32 AM »
I say you go with a Microsoft color scheme.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 09:55:17 AM »
That is totally a great idea.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 09:58:43 AM »
bright purple and green was lex's costume, though the legion dome was more swampy colors.

in JLU they muted his colors and it looks much better (ya he's got the same costume since this season is the legion of doom vs JL).

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 11:23:22 AM »
ugh.

No wonder I don't buy their figures.

I watched one episode of JLU. It had the worst voice acting ever. On top of that, the story was at best nonexistant, and totally lacked any sort of gripping conflict.This conflict not only didn't grip, it didn't even try to grip.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 11:26:36 AM »
yes, yes, we've had this debate before.  you=comic snob.  DCAU & Bruce Timm= greatest thing to ever happen to DC comics.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 11:29:04 AM by Spriggan »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »
No, it's not about treatment of stories or characters. It's that hte show had truly awful production values. There wasn't anything at all interesting about it.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 05:43:14 AM »
Ok I need some help from fellow TWGers here, I'm coming up to where I need to start having images in my site and I need pictures of henchmen, supervillians, and other stuff.

I'd prefer to use actual photographs here since I'd have to actually do any drawings, though I probably could get away with using some art from others.  So if you want to take any pictures for this go ahead, at the very least we can use them for your own henchman entry.

Also Jeffe I was wondering if you could take pictures of you in a labcoat by a lab/chemistry set like thing and we can do a Henchman Labs section with Mad Dr. Jeffe?

as for the color-scheme click on the following link to see what I'm using LINK Note: If the colors don't load click on the default button where the variations are listed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 05:47:35 AM by Spriggan »