Author Topic: The best webcomic... ever  (Read 3858 times)

drum2dadrum

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Gummy Bear Maniac
    • View Profile
The best webcomic... ever
« on: May 18, 2006, 01:35:22 AM »
I've been reading this webcomic since its way beginning... You can find it at www.questionablecontent.net. I've never read a webcomic thats updated everyday, has a good story, and is so deliciously artful. Check it out, and read the archive of over 600 comic strips.  :D

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: The best webcomic... ever
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 08:49:06 AM »
While certainly enjoy my QC, I'm pretty sure I won't call it the best webcomic ever. In fact, his "rival" Sam Logan's Sam and Fuzzy is much funnier and I appreciate the art much more.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:20:27 PM »
The best webcomic ever is Chopping Block...or it was, until Chopping Block ran out of gas. Now it's either Dinosaur comics or Sluggy Freelance.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »
Chopping block never pulled me in. And while I used to think that Sluggy was the best comic in the universe second *only* to Calvin and HObbes, in recent years it's fallen down. Still a lot of great concepts, but it lost it's original vision. That's coming back a bit now that bun bun's returned, but still.

drum2dadrum

• Level 2
  • Gummy Bear Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 06:01:03 PM »
Sam and Fuzzy are definitely hilarious, but i think the story line of QC is a lot better imo.

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 12:44:02 AM »
Bah! Sluggy was good, but then I found Schlock!
Heathens!
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »
By the way, Pete has really picked up Sluggy in the past few weeks. I think he's finally back to the greatness he had before he started Oceans Unmoving.

Not that Oceans Unmoving wasn't cool, it just didn't fit into the daily comic format.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
like I said, It's a lot better now that Bun Bun is back. I don't think he's reached supercool levels again though. He keeps trying to introduce high-drama arcs. It's not like Bikini Suicide Frisbee era (incidentally, the Clay Yount Saturday comics are almost funnier for me). For example, the Halloween demon invasion is no longer going to be happening after what Ian McDonald did with his year of Sluggy Saturdays (I like Bruno the Bandit a lot, but the Meanwhile in the Dimension of Pain strips were tired and pointless).

Pete still misses a lot. When he started out, he didn't have to do "make ups" because he didn't miss. And they just aren't as funny.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 06:02:17 PM »
Ugg.  I don't like QC at all, it's boreing, repedtive and not the best art in the world.  Plus the author lost me when he decided he was jelious of more popular webcomics so he started to attack how "bad" their art and comics were and how QC should be more popular becasue he's a true "artist".

As for Sluggy, never got into that comic, same with Chopping Block.

For me it's hard to choose "the best" webcomic.  I think I like Sam and Fuzzy, PA and PVP the same but for different reasons.  And then there are other comics that are starting to really grow on my like PSTP (http://pressstarttoplay.net/comic.php?cid=58 http://pressstarttoplay.net/comic.php?cid=24).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 06:10:08 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
That Mario one is dang funny.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net