Author Topic: Gamma Bros.  (Read 3864 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Gamma Bros.
« on: July 14, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »
This is a break from a traditional format but I wanted to point out this game to everyone, Gamma Bros. is a great flash game (and there's a free downloadble version too) that's a crazy mix of Robotron, Galaga, and other shooter games.  Check it out then once you're done blasting away hop over to our forum and give us your stats.

Eh forgot how to shrink pictures.  Anyway this is one of the best flash games I've played in quite some time.  It's challenging but not overbearing, and it's got some unique elements to it like the tag team ships that you can switch out.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 01:32:30 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Gamma Bros.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 02:26:13 PM »
Yeah, that's quite good.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 02:28:38 PM »
It gets crazy fun once you save up enough to get the 3rd weapon upgrade, I hate having to fight the first boss without the tri-laser.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 12:55:15 PM »
Okay, explain this to me. Before I reach the first boss, I only get the possibility of two upgrades, whether I have enough money or not (I'm pretty sure anyway). I saved all my coins and didn't buy anything and I only had the guy in the little plane fly by twice: once for a double laser and once for a triple laser. How did you get a third upgrade before the first boss?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »
there isn't a third upgrade only the two, I misstyped.  Sorry.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »
Oh, you said it's hard without the tri-laser. Sorry, I misread!

I'm not very good at this game. I can't seem to get past the boss. Granted, I've played like 7 times and only got to the boss 4. I probably just need practice.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:25:52 PM by Tink »

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 04:23:16 PM »
Well, it says to post stats, and I'm sure these aren't as good as most, but I'm pretty proud of myself for getting so far (and I've only played like 12 or so times).

Score: 575,000
Accuracy: 34%
Enemy kills: 696/1002
Total coins: 311
Total Gems: 17
Time: 1116 seconds

And am I the only one who is annoyed that when you put in the password for level 2, it combines level 1 & 2 at the same time rather just taking you to level 2? Not only that but you have your first weapons, which completely sucks. I only lasted like 30 secconds. If they give you a password for a level, you should be able to go straight to that level, IMO.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 06:08:10 PM by Tink »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 04:29:34 PM »
I agree