Author Topic: Cave of the Lost Beta  (Read 10298 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Cave of the Lost Beta
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 04:35:26 PM »
Sweet, I'll be looking forward to it, if you ever actually finish it.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 06:51:41 AM »
Well I re-typed out my script for the intro movie, though I'm worried it might take too long (then again it only plays when you click on "Intro" in the main menu) since it comes out to about 4 pages.

Also I was looking at the scale of that picture of the Bandit level and is it just me or do the tables look too tall compared to the people?  I might want to shorten them or change the whole size all togethor.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 07:07:02 AM »
I'd reduce the size of the table by about 30%... that would make it shorter and smaller in general. Otherwise just cut off half of the legs, which should make it the right height.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 07:21:28 AM »
I knocked it down by 5 px in width and height (from 30px) any more then that and I'd actually have to redraw the sprite at the pixel level which I don't want to do right now.

I also changed the layer order so the walls don't overlap the boxes and such (it was something I was going to do but forgot until just now).  I'll throw up a new version once I get some more things done.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 09:12:33 AM »
Ok so after a lot of work, and getting some advice at a pixel art forum, I've got a pic of what the Wrog will look like in the game.

I really like how the front view turned out.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 04:49:44 AM »
NEW VERSION!!!

http://www.legacieslost.com/game.php?id=1

This is the start of my new menus and theme for the games, this is just a test version since I need to go align some of the new text boxes better but I wanted to get some input while I'm fixing things.  I'm still working on getting text I like, I'm going to be switching to a black font instead of the shadowed white I'm using now, and I've got to get a font style I like still.

I also need to redo several of the Icons to fit with the theme, the greyscale sword and buttons don't work, nor do the green/red progress bar.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 12:35:12 AM »
I've decided to place up my level editor for people to mess around with.  It's nothing fancy but it works quite well.

http://www.legacieslost.com/flash/cave/level_editor.html

Have fun.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 04:59:38 AM »
*Grumble*

So I redesigned the site and it looks very cool and I'm using the map that you see moving in the current release as the website's background image so I can't keep the moving map in the game because it looks really bad.  You've got the map stationary then the same map moving around in the center of the screen.  There's some DHTML code you can use to give Flash a transparent background which would work great if not for that all the browsers disable key imput in flash when the background is transparent.

So now I have to come up with a new background and for a moment there I thought I had something.  Oh well.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2006, 10:36:46 PM »
What language is that in... or am I just tired enough that I couldn't understand it?
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 11:21:44 PM »
It's Latin Miyabi.  Print and Webdesign use what's called "Lorem Ipsum" to fill in spaces when working on designs and layout since it's very close to English in how the sentence structure is and yet, since you can't read it, doesn't draw the eye away from the actual design.  It's also sometimes called "Greeking".

I should probably switch over to the new design that actually has content but I haven't had time to work on my site due to the other two sites I'm working on plus other things.  One of these days I'll finally finish this thing I guess.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 11:21:58 PM by Spriggan »