Author Topic: Mutants & Masterminds  (Read 2349 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Mutants & Masterminds
« on: February 06, 2003, 03:03:28 AM »
Has anybody else tried this game yet?  It is prolly the best capes n' tights game on the market today.  We put the game through it's paces this evening with a two-hour session mostly dominated by a full-scale brawl between our characters (Rattlesnake, Inferno, Fightin' Machine, Kali, and Dingo Boy) against a half dozen armed-to-the-teeth cyborgs and a whole slew of ninjas.  My character is Fightin' Machine, a former pit fighter who gets stronger, faster and deadlier the more damage he takes.  By the time that he is half a heartbeat away from snuffing it he is like the world's baddest man.  In the midst of combat he was hip-deep in ninja and whacking himself in the face repeatedly with a shield to get himself deeper into "The Zone."

This game is cool.  The few flaws we found in the system are minor at best (like having to pay for whatever weapons you have with character points) and the combat moves MUCH faster than Champions.  Hopefully we will be adding M&M (the game, not the rapper) as a "preliminary bout" to our usual Sunday afternoon game.

Anybody else have any insights into this game?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Mutants & Masterminds
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 12:14:34 PM »
My only insight is that you should write a full review for us. It sounds cool.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: Mutants & Masterminds
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 07:22:38 PM »
Well how do I do it and where do I send it?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly