Author Topic: another spam rant  (Read 31478 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: another spam rant
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2006, 09:22:45 AM »
Given the chance, I'm not sure I'd want to know that.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2006, 07:27:41 PM »
Title of spam: Hey bro, check out the huge sale these guys are offering

"There's more than one way to skin a cat. From the Christian New Testament A lie can be halfway around the world before the truth gets its boots on. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will break my spirit. Hunger makes good kitchen.
also, It takes all kinds to make the world go round. It's the early bird that gets the worm. Possible Interpretation: Do the task while it is possible"

And there was no link to anything.  These spammers are getting lazy, they're just spamming now without even including a way to steal your money.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2006, 12:55:55 AM »
Not really spam, but one of those humoruos notes being passed around.

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition , Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3 , Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6 I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!

Thanks,
Troubled User.

REPLY:
Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men complain about. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0 . It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support.

I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

Wife 10 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2. However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 !

WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of luck,

Tech Support
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 12:56:12 AM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2006, 01:28:20 AM »
So 42, when are you getting wife 1.0? I've been waiting for six years for you to upgrade. Have you even gotten girlfriend 7.0?
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2006, 02:28:48 AM »
Some of us are very happy with No Life 3.2, thank you very much.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2006, 08:28:48 PM »
I use to like No Life 3.2 but a little over six years ago, I found Hot Babe 10.0!  Shortly thereafter, I upgraded to Wife 1.0 and now I would never consider going back to No Life 3.2. In fact, after adding Child 1.0 and Child 2.0, I don't think I can ever go back to No Life 3.2.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 13, 2006, 03:49:55 AM »
This one is so creative, I just have to share.

Physics attempts to describe the natural world by the application of
the scientific method. In contrast, natural philosophy, its counterpart
which had also been called "physics" (earlier physike) from classical
times up to at least the separation of physics from philosophy as a
positive science in the 19th century, is the study of the changing world by
philosophy. Mixed questions, of which solutions can be attempted
through the applications of both disciplines (e.g. the divisibility of the
atom) can involve natural philosophy in physics (the science) and vice
versa.
When another inexorably radioactive sandwich is hardly proverbial, a
ridiculously gentle warranty barely takes a peek at another salad
dressing around the chess board.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #292 on: December 13, 2006, 05:31:49 AM »
The best part: inexorable radioactive sandwich. Heh.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #293 on: December 13, 2006, 06:34:54 AM »
You know if you have a mouse wheel you can punch it into the mouse (it's a button...) and that will pop up a little scrolling icon majigger instead of your curser.  It's an arrow up over a dot over an arrow down in a white circle.  Then if you move the mouse up, the page will scroll up, and if you move the mouse down, it'll scroll down...  Is that what you were asking about?
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #294 on: December 13, 2006, 02:20:56 PM »
I have over-ridden that in favor of using the wheel button as a "paste" since that default functionality is uselessly redundant. "Paste," however, is awesome.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2007, 02:26:44 AM »
I am sick and tired of the "Welcome to the Ultimate Pharmacy" e-mails I get at five-minute intervals, and I am sick and tired of Microsoft Office Outlook 2003's useless "Rules" fuction that, even though I told it to permanently delete any and all "Welcome to the Ultimate Pharmacy"-body e-mails that arrive, still lets them into my inbox. Curse you, Ultimate Pharmacy. Curse you, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. (And yes, as far as I can tell, my rule is set up just fine. If I use "Run Rules Now" it zaps all the Ultimate Pharmacy e-mails, but it's supposed to freaking apply to every single e-mail that freaking arrives, not just the ones I freaking manually tell it to apply to, freaking!)

[EDIT: This forum is hanging for many seconds trying to load from www.assoc-amazon.com ...]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:05:43 AM by Ookla The Mok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

jordan

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2007, 10:47:31 AM »
It would be part of his sophisticated British humour. He'd be mocking our American slang and sublimely hinting at how much better he is because he knows "real" English, and all with one word.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2007, 06:56:30 PM »
um, spam in the spam rant thread? who'da thunk?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!