Author Topic: NEW GAMES TODAY  (Read 2166 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
NEW GAMES TODAY
« on: January 24, 2003, 10:29:39 PM »
Today I picked up D20 Munchkin's Players Handbook ans D20 Snarfquest!  Next free gameday my group gets, we're gonna do a humorous one-shot.  If it works well, we might end up doing it in small doses a couple of times a month.

Also picked up Pulp Zombie, the new 1930's adventure guide for All Flesh Must Be Eaten.  It looks incredible!  And it has a teaser in the back for the NEXT All Flesh supplement, which will feature a zombified version of Pro Wrasslin' (the mind boggles).  So many games, so little time.  

this is a GREAT time to be a gamer!

Hoody-hoo!!!!
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
Re: NEW GAMES TODAY
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 05:38:45 PM »
Let me know how Pulp Zombie looks.  I have to order it via the internet, because nobody near where I live says that they are going to carry it.   :(
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2003, 05:11:46 PM »
Pulp Zombie so far is a great deal of fun.  It is small and square, like the last Zombie book (Enter the Zombie), and is the same price (twenty).  Starts off with a 20-page pulp story introducing the events leading up to the campaign setting and talks a fair bit about the over-the-top philosophy of the pulps and what life was like in the 30's, giving details to prices, sports, and entertainment.  All of the pulp archtypes such as the masked vigilante, scientific wizard and private dick are accepted as playable characters.  I haven't read the whole thing yet, but just from what I have read I can imagine all sorts of scenarios and adventures I'd like to set up.

Best of all, though, is the last-page teaser for the NEXT AFMBE supplement: one that mixes zombies with the world of Professional Wrestling.  I'm gonna be reserving a copy of that puppy as soon as it becomes available.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 08:03:12 PM »
Hey listen up!  I went down to the games store today and I purchased the latest issue (hot off the truck) of Inquest Gamer.  I am not big on game magazines usually (well, that's kinda a lie) but I HAD to get this one because not only is it the 8th anniversary issue, but it containes a 72 page version of the complete Marvel Superheroes RPG that will be released in April!!  For five bucks you get not only a magazine, but an actual game with rules, charts, and stats for major characters.  People, check this one out.