Author Topic: Haven: City of Violence  (Read 1684 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Haven: City of Violence
« on: July 10, 2003, 12:02:36 AM »
is it just me or did Fell approve this review without posting a link on the main page?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: Haven: City of Violence
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 12:45:38 AM »
Where IS the review?  I'm not seeing it on my screen.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 12:51:41 AM »
yesterday it was listed in the "recent articles" section but now its not there.  click on the "gereral" tab (bottom center) and it's listed there.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 10:16:19 PM »
Sooo, what do I have to do to get my review back on TWG?  Do I need to include a link?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2003, 12:39:49 AM »
I bugged Fell about it on tuesday and he swore to me he placed a link to it.  So what we need to do is get enought posts here telling Fell he forgot and he'll get to it.  You did find the review in the database right?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 12:40:31 AM by Spriggan »

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 01:38:26 AM »
No I didn't, actually.  Felldude, work your magic, m'kay?  Make it so.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 10:22:23 AM »
the data base default is to list them alphabeticaly

http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=501  and it's the 501st article as you can tell from the id number so that means it got approved between entropys Werewolf and Jeffe's shadowrun reviews.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 10:23:23 AM by Spriggan »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 02:50:35 PM »
When Slant submitted this review, he checked the "please let me approve changes" button, so I made my changes, marked the review as viewable by admins only, and emailed a copy of the review to Slant using the most recent address I have. I sent him another reminder yesterday, but I still haven't heard back. Based on his comments here, he hasn't seen either email.

Slant, if you want to approve the changes then I needa current address. If you don't, then I'll just post the review.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 09:24:38 PM »
Yoiks, my bad.  My email address changed since I registered here.  I can be reached thriugh my friend's address until I end up getting my own service again.  Send to:

[email protected]

Thanxx

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2003, 11:45:29 PM »
We finally got around to playing our second session of Haven, and it was very cool!  The group survived the gunfight only to find out that they were being set up by a member of the Nubian Nation who was using them as pawns to instigate a war between the Mafia and the Tong.  With the two heavy-hitters in the drug trade trying to kill each other off, the Nubian Nation could expand their own drug territory.  Well, in short order we took down the remaining members of the Twelve Dragons Clan, sending the survivors fleeing back to China.  M sacrificed himself by dousing himself with gasoline and wading into a gun battle with the Nubians in the heart of their headquarters.  When the lead started flying, M went up in flames with both guns still blazing.  He ignited three more barrels of oil with incidiary rounds and the whole building went up in a huge bonfire that could be seen from all over the city.  The group rescued the godfather's granddaughter from the flesh peddlers.  Proud Mary was pretty adamant that the kid not be taken back to her mafioso family.  In the end, M was gone, Proud Mary drove off into the night on her Harley with the kid holding tight behind her, and T-Gore and Ghostface melted back into the shadows to lay low for awhile to see how everything pans out.

The only real gripe I have with this budding campaign is that I have to run it rather than getting to be a player.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 05:41:25 PM »
sounds like a good plot of Feng Shui