Author Topic: Gurps 4E  (Read 1252 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Gurps 4E
« on: March 16, 2004, 07:02:41 PM »
I for one am very interested in this development,
my big beef with Gurps was the huge number of Crunch books you needed for the game.. ok maybe not huge but certainly a lot. Given my new trend in game buying (small sets of core rules) I am interested to see what books SJG decideds to make. Its definately about time for a rewrite anyway... I just hope they tone the sidebars down and killed their art staff from previous editions.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Gurps 4E
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:59:40 PM »
The sidebars are a bit bizarre - when a sidebar goes on for 6 pages its no longer a sizebar, its a chapter.

Since i just bought 7 books a month and a half ago, all of which (sci fi books) look to be made obsolete, i'm not quite as excited. It'll be interesting yeah. The rest of the gaming group, who collect GURPs obsessively, are reacting with various stages of swearwords and worried looks at bank accounts.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Gurps 4E
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 11:40:48 PM »
Swearwords? its been over a decade without any core rule updates... and its needed more than a few...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!