Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 189261 times)

excal

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2006, 06:33:40 AM »
Im Joe and i'm from chelmsford and i'm friends with bot luck/simon beale who recommended the site.

I have a brother called sam, and a sister called hannah who are both younger than me

I like playing on the internet and PS2, watching TV, reading, playing guitar, listening to music, etc, etc.

my favourite PS2 game at the moment is Star Wars Battlefront 2.

My favourite TV programmes are Drake and Josh, Ned's Declassified, and Doctor Who.

My favourite film is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. By far. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD.

My favourite book is the Harry Potter series.
.......:::::Excal!:::::.......
Oh my God I can't believe it!
I've never been this far away from home
-Kaiser Chief's, Oh my God

el_caballero

• Level 1
  • The Gentleman's Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2006, 03:17:00 AM »
I'm Jeromy Caballero, and while I am slowly pulling away from life on Internet forums, I thought I could waste some quality time here. :) I am proud that it only took me 30 minutes or so to find the proper place to post an intro.

A certain Mr. Wells was kind enough to refer me to this site. I've known Dan for years now and have had the pleasure of working with him at The Leading Edge and as his colleague in A Paying Job.

I worked at The Leading Edge all through my years at BYU, from 1995 to the end of 1999, ending up as Associate Editor before life tugged me away to other pursuits. It was some of the best experience I have had in the writing world (and the nadir of my writing career so far, based on a stupid article of mine in one of the issues, but live and learn). I am very grateful to whoever posted that ugly little flyer I found in the SWKT early in my first semester at BYU. It led me over to the HumPub for the first time and introduced me to some very fine people and the perfect opportunity to do what I love the most--read speculative fiction.

I recognize some of the names posted in this thread. Hello to former TLE colleagues! I pretty much dropped off the map after I left, and I apologize for not keeping in touch. I was about to get married, was working full time, and had graduated from BYU--big life-changing stuff.

Seems like I left right before a golden age (or more likely, my departure helped prompt said golden age). Brandon took my place, and apparently the rest is history. Let me say how proud I was to see Brandon's name on the cover of Elantris. I first saw the book in WaldenBooks at the Provo mall. The sales guy told me there was a new book by someone at BYU, and went and got it out of the back. I actually did the cartoon jaw-drop and the google-eyes. Then I had to bubble about how I knew Brandon, how he had been my Assistant Production Director at one point (it even says so on one of the mastheads! [/shameless name-dropping]), and how awesome it was to see him in print--by TOR, no less! Way to go, Brandon!

So I'm happy to be here, and excited to re-make some acquaintences.
How many posts do you have to have before you get a sig?

jeffday

• Level 2
  • Yar, must be exploding tuesday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2006, 06:09:33 PM »
My name's Jeff, I program PHP for a living. <lame>I like long walks on the beach and intimate conversations about nothing at all.</lame> I'm a gamer and enjoy reading anything at all from essays on the usefulness (or lack thereof) of conductors for orchestras to Ella Enchanted.
"Are you in danger of becoming a good man, Proximo?"
--Gladiator

Hepcatkip

• Level 2
  • Blah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »
Some people Call me Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim.  I actually work with JeffDay and I'm in a gaming group with Janci or Mcfish.  

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2006, 07:18:07 PM »
Hey

I am new, found out about this on the web through other sources.

I do strategy games on the computer, You're Warcraft 3, CnC Generals, Age of... all that great stuff!!
Friend and I play DOTA on War 3 lot's.

Looking to play MTG occassionaly with a group,

Also play PS2: Battlefront 2, Guilty Gear XX, DDR all of 'em with my wife, MOH, Street fighter...

On the side I am a technical recruiter for programers, testers yadda.

I am also building a '65 AC Shelby cobra.

So, that is me.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Rak-O-Latern

• Level 4
  • I smile coz I have no idea whats going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2006, 02:28:28 PM »
Hi Im Dan Goodman. I'm from Chelmsford like Bot and that other guy. I like books, footy (soccer 4 yu americans), ps2 games and computers. I'm quite annoying supposedly. And my grammar is always being corrected by Faster Master St. Pastor.

C ya'll
"Just coz I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."- Homer Simpson

allie_gurl

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2006, 07:06:40 PM »
hey i'm Allie ;)I'm 14. I live in quebec in canada. I speak english and french. I love reading and I enjoy watching movies. I listen to alot of music and play ddr on ps2...thats basically me  :-*

yellowislands

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2006, 07:26:26 AM »
hi, i'm steph. soon to be ex political science/law student (with any luck!).
i don't expect to be a very commited poster, i always forget which forums i join :-/
i live in australia and no, i do not have a pet kangaroo.
i like to read fiction, watch movies and other brain melting passtimes. the only game i have ever really been addicted to was final fantasy vii.
i love photography and am trying to learn spanish.
my favourite food is cheese
over and out!
it is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye - Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Yancetastic

• Level 1
  • I'm the best there is at what I do.
    • View Profile
    • Cogneato.com
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2006, 03:17:53 PM »
Wats Shakin'
I'm Yancey Yaceczko (YES it is my real name), I am coming at you 7 days a week from the great state of denile (Ohio). I am a little strang but only in good ways. I am a huge GAME fan, but then aren't we all. I'm a bit of a rules buff and help out ALOT of the local gaming stores. I LOVE people and questions as well as ALL idle conversation. My typing and Speling Skilz aEr AbiSmaL, so please bare with me. Hope you see a comment from me really soon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
IM me whenever, I'm on M-F 10-5 ALWAYS, I'm "WORKING" ;-)

caiticlu

• Level 4
  • Eat Babies! - A Modest Proposal
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2006, 10:53:58 AM »
Ok so... Introductions! Im Caiti, college student and geek. I finally gave into my geekness about 4 years ago when I started playing RPGs and LARPing. I act, so larping came as a natural, and I go through withdrawal when I dont rp often enough! I love Diablo and tried to steal it from my x but did not succeed so Im going through withdrawal until I can get some money to get myself a copy. Im from Boston, Mass, but currently live in Bangor, Maine. I stumbled on this website, and I LOVE it! Especially Geek Girl... I totally relate! So... thats about all I can think of to introduce myself... My spelling is horrid, even though Im gonna be an english teacher... so sorry!
Oh, also, reciently I started doing a comic strip for fun, that I have put online. Hopefully soon it will be featured in my college's bi-weekly paper... Id appreciate feedback... http://www.freewebs.com/cwickedj/

~Caiti
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:23:59 AM by caiticlu »
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

Kirjath

• Level 1
  • Just think of me as a wall flower, please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2006, 05:04:08 PM »
Oh, why not.  It was requested of me to post something.

I'm Kirjath Emet.  No, that's not my real name, but you can search and put together what it means if you want.  I'm MsFish's DM's brother, so that's where I heard of this site from.  I actually did attend BYU, but I'm living in San Francisco, California.  I'm not really from anywhere.  I grew up a military brat, so I was born in Germany and have lived all over the world.

I graduated from BYU with a degree in Computer Science and worked with Disney for a while before getting my dream job working in a video game company.  Yes, I'm fortunate and yes I know it.  However there was A LOT of work and study that went into my getting this job, so you can't say I was all that lucky.... more like stubborn.

My interests are WAY too varied to try to list here.  Suffice it to say that I do a great deal of role-playing, video games, table top gaming, board games, reading and occasionally writing.  

I'm a listener/watcher so I'll probably not post much.  Though I do post more on a few other boards that are easy to find if you search for them.  I'll contribute when I can, and simply read while I can't.

*takes a short bow*

Thank you.
And therefore, since I cannot prove a lover
To entertain these fair well-spoken days,
I am determined to prove a villain
And hate the idle pleasures of these days.

BajczTheDamned

• Level 1
  • You can always trust an dishonest man...
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2006, 01:14:44 AM »
Hey all

I'm Bajcz, 18, out of Michigan. I'm into tons of video and computer games, as well as movies, music, sports, and all that good stuff. My interests vary too much to make them really worth listing here, but you all can at least take comfort in the fact that I'm not good at a single one of them.

At any rate, I was refered to this site by a friend of mine (screenname: Onionofdeath), and have seen several of my friends on this site before and thought I would check it out. I do a lot of writing and would like to contribute a few movie reviews to the site as soon as I'm finished acclimating myself to the forum.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much it. I'll see you all around the site.

Zirconium Chef

• Level 1
  • &quot;That's the sanest idea ever.&quot;
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2006, 07:19:47 PM »
Here goes, I suppose.

I found the forum through the site itself, which I always loved reading. I figured, I may as well join up, eh?

I live in bullet-ridden East Chicago, IN, where my ability to use polysyllabic words scares even the most hardened gangbanger into hiding. I also search here and in the outlying areas for that perfect girlfriend for me, hidden somewhere among the piles and piles of yech.

Hope to have fun. <3
Zirconium Chef: I'M COMING TO RIP YOUR PRETTY WHITE GIRL FLESH APART, AFTER WHICH I WILL EAT A BIG MAC OFF OF YOUR NUBILE 19 YEAR OLD TORSO!
FLCL Takkun 2: LMAO

Lord_Fancywrists

• Level 2
  • JUMANJI!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2006, 05:34:53 PM »
BOY HOWDY! I'm Noa(h) Satoru Lombardo, and I'm here to have epic battles with sir Raden.

I'm just your average fancy lad. My interests are flexible to say the least, but I've been trying to maintain a constant interest in electronic entertainment (everybody loves video games), health and fitness (diabetes runs in the family, and I don't want to end up a house like uncle Keith), and music. Yeah, I tend to listen to a lot of classic rock and jazz. Usually if it's old, I like it, since most of the stuff MY generation puts out there is crap. My dad called me a "throwback" to his time when he heard some of my CDs, so I called him OLD. Then I yoinked his Boz Scaggs collection to rip to my Zen player. Right back at'cha, pops.

Here's a quick fact list:

1. I like puppies.
2. I like kittens.
3. Okay I just like animals in general.
4. There is no 4.
5. River otters are my favorite, but don't tell my dog or cat that. It's okay to tell the fish, they don't like me anyway.
6. My favorite video game is Megaman II, way back on the NES.
7. I'm not much for movies... you tend to get desensitized to them when your dad owns a video store. But um... I guess I like 2001: A Space Odyssey.
8. I like books. Reading is funducational.
9. I sometimes make greyscale ASCII art. Pixel density is the true sight.
10. If you ask me something, I'll probably tell you.

I look like... um... well here's a current photo from the time this was posted.
Irony like the taste of an iron bucket.

Boris_Flinn

• Level 2
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2006, 10:48:53 PM »
Well the names Boris or what I'm going by alot of the time I have very,very bad grammer but you have to deal with it as I have to yours. I'm the oldest of 6 siblings, alot I know I'm 17 and have been in too the craft for about 9 years.I enjoy reading,rifts,rpgs of any kind and hateing people who play runescape............ LOVE ME!  :-* :-X
To Live Is To Die.

I will have your respect I am a 9th level Ranger/knight!