Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 189368 times)

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2005, 01:31:37 PM »
(Masterpiece Theater Voice From Above)(Sounding like Higgins from Magnum P.I.)  Hello there, my nickname is mulch.  This is a name that has carried on for countless years for me, and my dragon juicer brotheren.  ::)   ::)

(Veeerrrrrrrrrcckkkhhpppppp!)(Scratching sound of a record!)   ;D   ;D

8)  Ok, Ok, Just kidding!  This is my alter ego mulch.  Hense my call name mulchNator.  Being a long time fan of the Terminator series I could'nt  help it.  Anyway by my actual name I am known as Dave.  To which some of my friends whom participate in this site call me.  I am not posting my last name cause I heard all the laime jokes.  Yes however my last name is of German descent so I'm sure you can imagine it's interesting.  I in no way am badmouthing my german heritage either.  I am proud of who I am, and where I came from!

;D  I tend to be a very sarcastic, joking, and fun loving person.  So if I come across as acting like a donkey's back end, odds are I am.  I never intend or direct anything that I ever say towards anyone.  I am in no way trying to make people mad.  I just like people smiling and laughing.  So if at my expense I act stupid to make you laugh I have succeeded in my efforts.  That is my entire intent at all times!  

I hope to make new friends, and stay in touch with current ones through this wonderful site!!!  Long live TWG!!!  Ahhhhh!   Ahhhhhhhhh!  Ahhhhhhhhhhh!   :D   ;D   8)

Hobbies & Interests:
Sci-Fiction books, movies, artwork, etc. . .
Video-Games
Electronics / Computers
MUSIC always!  Half of the money I make goes into thess expensive hobby's of mine!!!  I currently have somewhere in the vacintity of 1000 music CD's.  Ask the guys, if you've heard it, odds are I own it!   8)

Dave (mulchNator)

chibent

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2005, 10:32:21 AM »

Hi!  I'm chibent (Joyce).  After "meeting" Brandon through the NaNoWriMo forums, I had to stalk him, so I went to brandonsanderson.com, which eventually led me here.

(Note: I'm happily married, so it's not that kind of stalking.)

I play Amtgard and World of Warcraft, I read a lot, and I write.  In real life I'm a nurse; right now I'm unemployed, since we just moved to the surreal city of Baltimore.  In my spare time, I pine for my native Texas.

This site fascinates me.  I've already lost a few hours of my life.  Thanks!   :)

origamikaren

• Level 3
  • The World is Quiet Here
    • View Profile
    • tiggywinkle
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2005, 03:49:48 AM »
I'm Karen Ahlstrom -- some of you may remeber me way back when I was Karen Stay.  I was Fiction director at the Edge for a while.  I married Peter Ahlstrom (Ookla the Mok) on Mar 25, 2005, and I've been dictating the occasional post through him.  So we though I ought to get an identity of my own.

My own special hobbies include Hedgehogs, Costuming, and Lemony Snicket.  I work for an Insurance Brokerage in Newport Beach, CA designing databases.
Check out my daily poetry selection and musings at http://karenspoetryspot.blogspot.com

-Karen

N_Element

• Level 1
  • Ummm . . . hi-YAH?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »
Hi, my name is John, and I bring nothing but pain, misery, suffering, hate, anger, sadness, despair, and woe to all those I know.  If you don't believe me, just ask my wife.

Since he brought me up . . . I guess I can introduce myself.  Hi everyone!  I'm MoreDew's wife!  The reader can decide whether to believe what MoreDew posted and if you ask I might tell.  If not for Nicadymus, MoreDew and I wouldn't have met or ended up married.  (I met MoreDew while on a date with Nicadymus but it's all good since Nic married one of my friends!)  Whether I want to thank Nicadymus or strangle him depends on the day.  

After almost 5 years we finally get along consistantly, we created the most adorable little boy in the world and our daughter's "in the oven" as I type. (I don't know if it's actually a girl but I have a feeling it is.)

I do freelance computer work and it would be glamorous if my clients figured out they need to pay my invoices on a regular basis.

I'm new to the gaming thing and I have limited experience with it but I gm'd a game that I thought kicked ( | ) but what DM doesn't?  If I ever get to it I might try a crack at submitting a story for publication but so far I'm simply too afraid of being told my ideas suck.  Kudos to Brandon for living his dream and being published by Tor!  

OK, I'm not really exciting anymore.  I used to study martial arts all the time but I got lazy after marrying John.  I want to go skydiving and I want to visit Europe before I die.

Right.  N_Element out.
Wise woman say, "Never look at watch while holding cup of hot cocoa."

chasingisis

• Level 1
  • If I'm here, it means I'm not writing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2005, 10:38:37 AM »
Okay...

Let's see my name is Elizabeth and I live in Pennsylvania. I've been writing since the age of seven or eight. I participated three times in the Labor Day Weekend Novel Writing contest, and just did my first NaNoWriMo (while getting my second bachelor's - secondary education). I suppose this also shows I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm working through a torturous novel right now; it's mostly the problem of getting it down on paper the way that feels right. But besides this - and the ever present demands of school  :P  - I have a number of other interests:

I'm a movie nut; I love history (going to be a social studies teacher); I read voraciously; I pamper my vain, spoiled golden retriever; I battle a secret addiction to chocolate; I surf the internet constantly; and I love economics.

That's me in a verbal nutshell.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 10:39:52 AM by chasingisis »
"sacred environments...are not places to escape the world, but to enter it more deeply." - The Dalai Lama

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2005, 06:59:29 AM »
This has long needed updating.

My name is Heather and I am a closet nerd. Although, MsFish has informed me that I am more of a literary nerd since I'm not all that taken with role-playing or any of that stuff. My best form of disguise is my keen fashion sense--people would never guess from my trendy exterior that I love fantasy, cartoons, video games, webcomics, graphic novels, folklore, fairytale retellings, YA and children's literature and plan to be a published YA fantasy author someday. I also like more "normal" things like ethnic food, movies, museums, shoes, London, the beach, parks, sailing, my nephew Owen (4) and niece Ava (2). I do not love rabid squirrels (don't ask). If you can't tell, I also love parentheses and dashes. Like many others on this site, I attend BYU (which I love and tolerate alternatively). Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am still working on my BA in English (with Creative Writing, Editing, and Children's Literature emphases--no minors, but lots of emphases i.e. CREDITS). I am a super-super-senior and I know they are dying to get rid of me but too bad they're just going to have to wait.  ;)

Currently I am working as an intern at the Friend magazine--a religious magazine for children produced by the LDS Church, of which I am a member. I *love* my job and only wish that it would never end. When it does end in August (with no hope of employment due to the strict requirement of an editor needing 2 years full-time experience), I don't know what I'm doing. But I like Salt Lake so I may stick around.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 03:55:35 AM by Chimera »
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2005, 11:17:53 PM »
I decided to introduce myself. A few people on this site already know me but I should be more formal.

I am Greg Creer.

I am a former TLE member. I was the production director when EUOL (who is some guy I met in Korea) was the Editor.

Now I have fallen into darkness and have become an attorney. I actually don't work as an attorney. I am currently a judicial law clerk (the guy who writes the opinions for the judge and lets the judge know what the really is, if he/she cares). None the less, I have a law degree and I've been admitted to practice law in Wisconsin and Iowa and hope to make into Colorado soon.

I am married to a girl named Sue (an appropriate name for lawyer's wife) and have two sons, Isaac and Leif.

I currently live in Iowa but I will be moving to Denver, Colorado in a couple of months. I still won't be working as an attorney in Colorado when I get there. I will be pursuing an advance legal degree (LLM) in tax law. This will hopefully land me a job at a "big firm" where I can work long billable hours to sell my life for "big bucks."

A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Pink Bunkadoo

• Level 7
  • Ookla's sister
    • View Profile
    • Helena's webpage
IRe: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2005, 11:15:54 PM »
Hi!  I'm Peter (Ookla the Mok)'s sister Helena.  He had mentioned the site a couple of times so I thought I would check it out.

I went to BYU (English major) and was on the staff of The Leading Edge for my last semester (winter 96), where I enjoyed a very brief stint as an assistant fiction person.  I'm still not sure if the story I ran the editing group on actually got published or not.

I served in the Korea Taejon mission (92-93) and married Doug Jole, who was also on TLE, but not at the same time.  We spent three years in Newfoundland and are now in Tacoma Washington.  After being married for eight years we gave birth to The World's Cutest Baby™.  She's keeping us busy.

I'm not really a gamer (aside from Settlers of Catan--does that count?) but I've always enjoyed Fantasy and SF books and TV/movies.  Favorite authors are Lois McMaster Bujold and Terry Pratchett.

I do pencil portraits and paint the ocassional mural (this is not really lucrative because I'm very slow).  Right now I'm painting Hogwarts Castle in a closet.  It's the Cupboard Under the Stairs.  It's taking much longer than I anticipated.  (Baby complicates things a bit).  I'm also getting into photography, though still very much a newbie.

I'm 5¾ years older than Peter, and I have exactly the same problem with mixing up Memorial Day and Labor Day.
~금강산도 식후경~

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2005, 07:40:14 PM »
Hello all--My name is Bryce, and I recently graduated with my MA in American Lit--emphasis on Film Adaptation--from BYU.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that I have no idea what I'm going to be doing next.  Possibly write and live in a van down by the river.  I'm married and have a son.  Right now I live in Utah, but I claim Philadelphia as home.  Ummm...  I like to read and write YA fantasy, play video games--World of Warcraft currently--and watch movies and reality tv.  So since I waste all that time anyway, I figured I might as well join up here, too.  That's about all I have to say for now.  Oh wait--EUOL and Chimera made the suggestion today that I really ought to mention how I came upon this site.  I've been in one of EUOL's writing groups for about the last year and a half--the one Chimera's in with him now.  He's been suggesting for quite some time that I get involved here.  I've just been reluctant.  But here I am at last.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 12:49:12 AM by Parker »

Piaggio

• Level 1
  • Love means never having to walk her dingo
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2005, 03:39:11 AM »
Hello.  I know I'm supposed to say G'day but really, I just get tired of it.   ;)

My name's Christopher, and I live in Melbourne, Australia.  I didn't go to BYU, I never heard of TLE, and I'm only fairly certain what LDS stands for.  I stumbled across this website because I had some time to myself at the office where I work saving up for university, and I wondered what I would get if I put the words "wasting time waster" into Google.  You were on page 2.

I will say that you are the most intellectually interesting bloggers I have come across so far, and I am looking forward to the conversation.

Lhotse

• Level 1
  • If you have a lemon, make lemonade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2005, 09:06:29 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Zach. I reside in Milford, MI. Currently, I am friends with Archon, Onion of Death, and Gorgon the Wonder Cow. I hope that this forum will lead to hours of fun, intelligent discussion. Cheers! ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 12:58:47 PM by Lhotse »
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
Carl Gustav Jung

Domini

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • House Eglantine
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2005, 09:50:18 PM »
Hello!

I'm Domini, from Chicagoland, Illinois.  I'm a sucker for good coverart, Tor, and occasionally listening to Orson Scott Card's book recs, so I picked up Elantris and found myself here.

I am tech support for a small software company during the day hours, webmaster for a fan author website called House Eglantine in my spare time, and wanna-be writer.  I read too much and spend waaaay too much time online.

I posted my thoughts on Elantris already in its own thread, so if you hate me on sight and want me to die, do it there.  :)

Um...I'm 22.  Not college educated, but I like to read things.  Female.  4 foot 11 inches.  ex-professional eBay seller.  Optimistic.  And I want a hybrid serval-domestic cat cross, but those cost like $2000 each so I'm saving my pennies.  In the meantime I intend to find a nice kitty from a shelter, so I can have a balance between expensive cat, and helping a homeless cat.

I'm normally not this random, but I guess I'm in a mood today.  Hee.

Legion

• Level 9
  • I am many within one
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2005, 05:01:49 PM »
Just joined today...
I am Tim and a resent grad trying to find a job while doing nothing at my internship because people are to afriad to give a temp employee work to do....errrrr.  I am a computer security major from Utica College.
Right now my game of choose is world of warcaft, I am on the Uldman server.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:02:12 PM by Legion »
Without death there is no life

Reigheena

• Level 1
  • Leaving documentation is totally blasphemous
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2005, 10:20:46 PM »
My name's Andy (and yes, I'm a girl). I'm studying Computer Science at BYU, where I am the Art and Writing VP in the university's scifi-fantasy club, Quark.  I love reading, writing, watching movies, and playing games.

I've been to this site before, but got sucked in after reading Elantris and surfing EUOL's site.  And I guess that's about all for now.

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2005, 06:49:16 PM »
allo allo!

Let's see, where to begin.  Ah yes...  My name is David, pay no mind to the alias, it's the least feminine one I use.

I found myself staring at Elantris with an odd expression on my face.  I didn't have money to buy it that day - so sad - but I did order it later.  I finally read it, and followed the linked roads to these forums.

I suppose as a Time Waster I could be one of the world's best.  I can waste time without even needing something to waste time with.  I suppose I'd be one of those 'strange' people in school that are always off in their own little world - but I'm not in school anymore.

I also play video games, though not nearly as much now as I did a few months ago.  I've gone to E3 the last two years with Warcry.com to write articles, which you can find in their 'archive' under the author name 'Tryna'.

I recently backed down a bit from the site since I am soon to move to Houston, TX from my present location of Orangevale, CA.  To fill the time, I started to read books, which I hadn't done with much consistency since I'd been in 6th grade.

Aside from reading, I spend some time writing.  I love to write; to create.  I have no finished novels, but I have a few 'in the cooker' so-to-speak.  One day I hope to finish, and sell, my creations.

I believe that's enough free info, the rest can be learned via AIM (in my profile, I believe).

- N