Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 189354 times)

cheesegrater

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I'm a Zombie
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!,
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2005, 12:18:42 AM »
Greetings friends. My name is Archie Aileron. I'm an 18 year old university student. I'm very lazy and I'm looking forward to wasting a lot of time.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 12:35:12 AM by cheesegrater »

Morik

• Level 3
  • Just a Minor Threat
    • View Profile
    • Femantics band website
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2005, 06:03:25 PM »
My name is Tony Hubbard.  I live in Highland, MI.  I am a Junior at Milford High School.

I am interested in music, video games, reading, ect.  I play the guitar and the drums.  I like ranting and raving as well.  Mmmm, chicken.
So you prayed for a snow day and it happened right?
I wonder who prayed for the Tsunami

Honesty is the best policy but insanity is the best defense

Acid

• Level 1
  • The Reverend
    • View Profile
    • I love Pucky's!
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2005, 01:34:35 PM »
My name is Acid and I live in Jacksonville, Florida, which I will refer to hereafer as "God's Waiting Room" or just G.W.R. I live with my GF (Lisa) of 10 years and my feline companion (Catagolgrothor Dyspexia, the Devourer of Luncheon Meat and Slasher of Pit Bulls, Eater of Souls, Destroyer of Hope, Mistress of Despair and Goddess of Pain, the Lady of Chaos and Kitty of Doom... also known as "Willow").

I'm 30 years old. I'm a fat, hairy, Hispanic semi-geek who works in a non-geek field. I say "semi-geek" instead of "geek," as I am not good with computers and don't like Star Trek, and I firmly believe these ingredients are necessary to fully explore the geekery within yourself.

I play WotC d20 and old WW RPGs (VtDA). Occasionally I'll find enough friends and spare moments to play MtG, although that's getting harder and harder since no one plays T1 anymore.

My Evil Boss® recently banned my box from accessing Puckys.com, so I'm kind of a refugee from there. If anyone visits Pucky's after reading this, tell them Acid misses everyone except Mule.

Since I waste a good four or five hours at work each day dicking around on the web, chances are I'll be spending a large chunk of that time here unless my Evil Boss® dies (an eventuality to be fervently wished for) or realizes that I'm spending my slacking time here and bans me from accessing this place at work too.

Anyway, I'm rambling on and on for no reason now, so I'll quit it.

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »
Well, Well, Well. I just got sucked into another forum. Forums eat me for breakfast, but I seem to enjoy it. My name is Tess, I am 15, and am doing year 11 in a very confusing way, at the same school JP and Xaio also went to. I am too much of a nerd for my own good and proud.  TWG has been officially added to the list of "Forums That Have Eaten My Soul." (Incidentally, I don't believe I have a soul, but that is beside the point.)

MasterShake

• Level 4
  • U WANNA SHAKE I'LL TAKE IT TO YA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2005, 09:07:12 PM »
Yo what up I'm Parnell some people call me nells I am 15 years old I live in West Hartford CT and I  go to the Kingswood-Oxford School

My hobbies include GAMING, SURFING THE WEB, READING/BUYING GRAPHIC NOVELS, ALONG WITH PUTTING ANYTHING TOGETHER LIKE AIRPLANES OR SOMETHING.
I have played many games and beat most of them my favorites of this year include: HALF-LIFE 2, DOOM 3, RESIDENT EVIL 4, RACHET AND CLANK: UP YOUR ARSENAL, and, PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE WARRIOR WITHIN.

Dirtius Maximus

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2005, 01:49:02 PM »
Hi, all!

I'm Dirtius Maximus. I'm an illustrator for a small publisher of educational materials for grade schools. I love a good story and I'm working on my own story that I hope someday to publish as a series of graphic novels. A true geek, I'm a lover of sci-fi, fantasy, RPG gaming, and video games. But I'm a discerning geek, a geek snob if you will, who delights in only the finest in entertainment and abhors slipshod craftsmanship.
A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Firemeboy

• Level 14
  • Spoooon!
    • View Profile
    • Chickens Don't Have Armpits
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2005, 09:46:24 PM »
Hello...

My name is Matthew Buckley...  Sort of.  That is my pen name, anyway.  My real name is Marion Jensen.  I work at Weber State University in the online department, as well as with OSLO, a research group up at Utah State.  I'm currently working on my Ph. D.

I've got one book, coming out in June through Covenant Communications, hence the pen name.  The title is TBD.  It is my first book, and though I've got a good idea and outline for a second, I have yet to put finger to keys, as it were.  Too much school and work (I work three jobs, and it's a bit much).

I'm married, and have 4 boys.

I was directed to this site by Stacer, and have exchanged several e-mails with HoM.  He was very helpful in answering all of my many questions about Covenant.
Licensed to dispense PEZ in 28 states.

Satansfist

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2005, 10:51:50 PM »
My name is Steve, but I prefer to be named after one of Lord Foul's Giant Ravers and Kinslaughterer is a bit over the top.

Mid (yikes! LATE) 30s, live in SF the bluest part of the country (well, OK, Berkeley is bluer but they are all students so it is hardly fair.)  

Gamed (D&D) as a teenager and then took too many years off.  Started again 11 years ago and it has (almost) taken over my life.  I almost always DM and recently started DMing games for the RPGA.

I have two great gaming groups so I am pretty damn spoiled.  However, all 12 players want only to play D&D even though there is so much out there.  So I am working on them, but it is an uphill battle.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2005, 03:51:39 AM »
Well, I don't think I've posted here, so I guess I might as well.

I'm Michael-Forest.  Forest is not my last name.  It confuses people.  I generally go by "Jade" or "The Jade Knight" online.  I get called "Jadey" affectionately, regardless of where I go.  People always figure it out.  I would use "The Jade Knight" as a pen name if I thought I could ever get away with it.  I don't.

I've read some Fantasy, though less than I ought.  I've read some of everything.  I'm only finally getting around with to reading the Wheel of Time, which I'm not overly impressed with (not that I think it's bad either).

I'm an aspiring Fantasy writer.  I've finished one short story to date (with the help of EUOL) which got rejected by WotF.  I'm considering sending it to TLE instead.  I'm pre-writing a novel, and working on another short.  I've done extensive world-building (no one here uses the term "conworlding", eh?) and some conlanging.

I used to wargame constantly.  I know the Warhammer world intimately, for the GW fans out there.  I haven't touched 6th.  Much.

My most recent RP experience was Riddle of Steel.  I actually took Welsh at BYU with Norwood (anyone else here know Jake?)

I've generally lived in Reno, NV, and Utah most of my life.  I spent 2 years (ish) at BYU.  I'm currently in Montréal trying to convince my girlfriend to marry me and also to figure out how to write well.  One day I'll get my degrees in English and History.

My interests are diverse.  There are the obvious, and then there are other weird things.  For example, I am an avid Thai cook.  I find my electric wok indispensable, and one of my concerns about being in Montréal is finding a suitable store to obtain ingredients from.  I harbour secret desires to make Electronic music (via Reason) and learn Calligraphy.

Oh, I'm almost 23.  And I've worked in both Education AND Library Sciences.  These experiences have left me bitter and jaded.  =þ

And I'll go ahead and add here that I'm a huge fan of EUOL, but, strangely, not because of his writing (I've not had the chance to read very much of it).  Rather, it's because I've seen his editing.  Amazing stuff, having him tear apart my story like that.

Okay, I think that's a long enough entry for you people.

One last thing:  my major writing weakness is plot.  I really, really struggle with coming up with one.  I feel like I'm getting better, but it's slow progress.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 03:06:51 AM by JadeKnight »
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Melonade

• Level 3
  • JP's Filthy Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2005, 12:50:19 AM »
Hey, JamPaladin told me to join...so here I am.

I'm Melanie from Australia, I don't know how many other chix0r are around, but I get the impression there probably aren't many...which doesn't surprise me, but that's alright.

I'm in my first year of Uni doing a Bachelor of Secondary Education majoring in English and Maths...yes, I am crazy.  I'm basically addicted to anime and the internet, it'll probably get to the point soon when I should just hook myself up to something that will provide me with both and will upload it straight into my brain.

If I stop posting or something, I've probably died from the failed experiment...or have gotten slack, you know, either one.
Ask yourself :"Why am i stabbing the cat with a hair dryer"

Godzemo

• Level 1
  • Stir-fried poster boy.
    • View Profile
    • Godzemo @ deviantART
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2005, 06:25:41 AM »
Hello all, I'm Godzemo, known in real life (yes, that mythical place really DOES exist!) as Avi.

Blame everything on Xaio, he linked me here.

Jelly_Belly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Jelly Belly's blog
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2005, 08:58:45 PM »
So if you couldn't guess by now, this site was created by those with BYU and TLE ties. Hopefully by now you know what these acronyms stand for. I, too, am a TLEer. In fact, I was just promoted to being the Associate Editor at TLE. Yeah!

So this means I know Old One, Brenna, MsFish, fuzzyoctopus, Mister M, and others that I can't remember their names. I don't know all the TLEers because many were before my time (I started in Sept of 03). I have graduated from BYU (Dec. 04) with a BA in English and a minor in editing. I am very excited because I just got a REAL job. Nope, no more fake jobs for me! I'm doing technical editing for a software company. I'm the only TRUE editor there, so they pretty much worship me. Plus I get to walk around and tell all the computer technicians why their grammar is totally wrong and ask them what they were really try to say. POWER BABY!

So anyway, my name is Jillena and I am married to a wonderful husband for three years (just last Tuesday). I live in Provo, duh. I grew up in Washington State by Seattle and miss it a lot. Especially the berries that grow there (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries Yummmmmmmmmm!). I'm not into RPGs that much, nor do I play video games that much, nor do I read sci-fi. I like some fantasy, but I don't get to read much. You can PM me some great fantasy title you've read (although I prefer fairly clean ones with minimal swearing, violence, and sex) so I can build up my reading list. I'd appreciate it. Anyway, that's me!

Kirby

• Level 1
  • Will DM for food
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2005, 03:45:59 AM »
Hello my name is Jeffypoo. I live in the South Ogden (Northern Utah for you forign devils) area in Utah and I attend highschool somewhere around there.

I came to this forum after a complete laps of judgment and clicked on a link on someone's link. In a one in a million hit I found people from Utah who have a website that pretains to the things I'm interested in. I am interested in any geek things I can get my dirty mits on, but I have an ADD-esq quality to my hobbies so all my are spead amoung my interest like a spread of vegi-mite on toast, thin at some places and thick at others but always having that same nasty aftertaste called brokeness.

I try hard being funny sometimes... TOO hard. Please do not be offended at anything I do for I am young and stoopid.

I also have a tendancy to rant.
With great power comes heat vision

SIUlawdawg

• Level 1
  • Currently Chasing an Ambulance...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2005, 11:06:57 PM »
My name is Ian and I live in Denver, CO.  I grew up on the banks of the Mississippi with my Aunt Polly and our slave Jim...oh wait that isn't me.

I DID grow up on the Missisippi River near St. Louis though.  I graduated from BYU (both Idaho AND Provo) and went to Lawschool, where I was assigned "hazardous duties." Thath is where I met Charlie...I work for him now with Chris and Kelly...oh wait that's not me either.

I did go to law school and now practice immigration law.  I collected comics until I graduated, which I find funny because now I could actually afford them!  I've played alot of D20 over the years.  The most fun I have had gaming recently was my first time playing "Call of Cthulu."

I enjoy film and reading, but my strong suit is definitely my vast resevoir of useless movie knowledge (like the lyrics to the theme from "Rambo."  You don't believe  me?  *singing* "It's a long road...when you're on your own...and it hurts *trails off*)

My good friend Stacy told me about this site and has urged me to join up for awhile now.  I tried to about a month ago but it kept glitching so I am finally glad to be amongst you.

"It is better to appear benevolent then to be benevolent..."

Val

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2005, 07:50:37 AM »
Hello.
My name is Val Garmark. I live in Aarhus Denmark.
I play Heroclix and VS and different RPG´s.
When I am not geeking around I study at a local school.
I am also one of the preafecti at SnE (www.shadownsessence.com) where I am currently writing a sourcebook for Demon the Fallen.
Since English is only my fourth language, I apologize for any grammatical error that may occur.
Glad to be here.

Val

"War, it is passion, intellect and art"- Tau saying