Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 189311 times)

John-E-Boi

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If Monkeys Could Fly, Would you Carry an Umbrella?
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 11:17:13 AM »

I'm John Poor,
Entering my 28th year on this earth, I currently live in Florida (Jacksonville) right now, I've been here for almost 2 years which is quite sad for me because I came here on a whim & didn't intend to stay longer than 6 months. I came from Denver before that, and I've spent my entire life moving around. There are only 2 places I call home, Denver, and Boston. I served my mission in Boston, but had lived there some 18 years before that. it's where my Father is from and always has held some sentimental value to me. (I even had the chance to ask his mother in law if she wanted to take the discussions...she declined)

I work @ Merrill Lynch formerly as a Broker, currently as a Slave to the MAN! I'm starting school back up this summer after a 4 year break, and one day I'm sure I'll graduate. I'm going for a Degree in Communications with a Minor in Computers.  I've worked as a DJ at verious clubs in Denver, I've Djed a few times in Orlando but for the most part am letting my turntables gather dust in the corner.

I don't give a rip about RPGs, and haven't since I gave up 'Car Wars' for Lent about 12 years ago.

I'll mainly be posting to be an obnoxious jerk, so If I offend then I'm just doing what seems to come naturally to me. Well that or commenting on TV/Movies, because I haven't a social life, and pretend that People on TV actually like me!

I was told about the site by Stacer, who is of course the Bee's Knees. She Glides, and Girls who Glide need men who make them thump.
Hermes: "He'll be as strong as Hercules and as flexible as Gumby, combined!"

Dr. Zoidberg: "Gumbercles? I love that guy!"

angel

• Level 4
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2004, 11:05:45 PM »
Name: Morgane McDoughe
Intersts: If you cant tell by now you don't deserve to know...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 11:52:18 PM by morgane »
it's all in the wrist...

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2004, 07:34:29 PM »
Ok, well I've already posted something approximate to this on the Rants section, but hell I'm bored before an exam so I'll post here again.

My name is Beau K. Horton - Hunter.  I am 14 years old, and am currently doing my second year of university plus a yr 12. subject.  I live in Coffs Harbour *shudders and blushes with shame*, New South Wales, Australia.  I actually *occaisionally* go to the same school as JP, though I found this site by accident and completely seperately to him.  

I tend to hang out on the Upper Boards, but I'll usually read the Books section, if not other sections.
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

Sharm

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Drakecastle
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2004, 04:11:52 PM »
Hi!  I'm Lanea Zimmerman.  Just moved to Orem to be closer to my friends.  I'm good friends with Izzy, AKA Mistress of Darkness, and a few other former TLE members that I don't see here.

My official career is "Starving Artist" although I do try to work to keep myself from starving too much.  I like to do just about anything creative, but I'm trying to focus on art and writing right now.

I had art published in a couple of TLE's editions, but I'm not all that proud of them.   I have never gone to BYU, and I never will.  But it's an awsome school.
Sharm @~`~

Heahengel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2004, 04:46:01 AM »
I've posted a few times (and I'll probably post more), so I guess I should introduce myself.

I'm Tom, a 19 year old 2nd year Math (and possibly comp. sci.) major at the University of Chicago.  I read a lot, play computer and video games, and a lot of rpgs (I'm in D+D 3e and Unknown Armies campaigns right now).  I used to play CCGs, but I doubt I'll get back into it, and I played wargames, which I would get back into if I had the time (and the space for the painting - can't do that in dorms).  I'm an anime fan as well.

IronStar

• Level 1
  • Mmm... Burger...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2004, 10:54:45 PM »
I'm Robieh Bou-Fakreddine (I'm Lebanese in case you were wondering, if not, you know anyways). I live in a small town north of Detroit (It's not dangerous where I live). I'm 16, don't work, and currently waste my life away in school and playing some JV tennis which is a major time drain. I decided I needed swomething else to waste my time with and also decided to sign up because gorgon made me do it.

Uh... I play lots of video games in my spare time and watch lots of movies. I generally like things involving lots of death, blood, and/or violence. (/me thinks who doesn't?).

And that's pretty much my life wrapped up in a paragraph. I feel so worthless now.

Xfraze

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2004, 08:09:34 PM »
Hello! I'm new, as you can all tell no doubt. Any how, just thought I'd introduce myself...also, I don't understand this whole roleplay aspect one bit :( So if there is somewhere I can learn more about it, please by all means let me know.
'All warfare is based on the art of deception'

masterchief_847

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2004, 10:06:36 PM »
hi
my name is dylan and i live in Australia and i am a fan of lotr table top and warhammer 40000 but i don't know alot about it so i went on google and found this web and it is good i can tell you but i think that one member dos not like me all ready so i am new so can you give me a hand
Dylan ;D

Brian

• Level 10
  • Wisdom is the Pure Application of Knowledge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2004, 01:35:27 AM »
Brian Lacy,
Prodigal

Hi there. I haven't posted anything or even really visited in as much as a month, and thats probably my average frequency. Always appreciated the site, but I don't really spend time online the way I used to. Mostly I come here when Eric Ehlers points me to a thread, and I only talk to him once every couple of weeks or so. Things have just been pretty busy ever since I moved back to Cache Valley.

These days I'm a web programmer at a local software company (http://www.lpsoftware.com if you care). I'm also working toward turning in my mission papers -- no, I'm not young, I turn 25 in November; I just have accomplished little since high school, though I have high expectations for the future. ;)

I came to learn about TWG through Eric, who I met several years ago while working with him in Provo.

And thus concludeth mine Egospiel.

NiceGuy

• Level 2
  • Ya just had to go and make me change my profile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2004, 01:25:41 PM »
I was talking to Saint Ehlers on his recent trip to Utah, and he mentioned this site.  We were talking about reviewing games, and having had some pretty strong opinions about some games in the recent past, I wanted to come see what I might contribute.

I work for TSA (airport security), am married, and have three great kids.  I was thinking of starting a Hello! thread in Everything Else, but never liked that kind of thing anyway.  House of Mustard saw one of my posts and pointed me this direction.  Thanks HoM.

McDingus

• Level 2
  • Dingus?  I don't even KNOW her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2004, 01:21:07 PM »
Well, I guess this is a good a place to start as any, so here we go:

I'm McDingus! Hola!

Hmm... about me... well, I'm into Video Games, Music (I'm a music teacher, so I should HOPE so,) webcomics, reading, I occasionally write...

I guess I'm pretty geeky, but not full-out harcore geeky.  Well, I built my own computer... hmm... I don't know.  I took that geek test online (I don't remember the link or anything), and I scored about middle of the road.

I've had TWG bookmarked for probably a year by now, but I never really thought about joining the forum until recently.  Nice to be here!

There.  That was way too much, and yet not nearly descriptive enough. ::)  Oh well.

kthxbi!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 12:23:50 AM by MCDingus »

Tlaloc_byu

• Level 1
  • D'oh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2004, 09:00:14 PM »
My name is Nathan Barrett and I live in Tucson, AZ.  I graduated from BYU with a degree in Geography, and I'm currently working on a Master's degree in Planning at the University of Arizona.  I'm married, have no kids, but teach a bunch of three year olds in church on Sundays.

I've known about this site for some time.  My wife is best friends to Dan Wells' wife, and so I've met that weird and freaky crowd that tends to gravitate around him.  I recently started a job as a planner for the San Xavier District of the Tohono O'odham Indian Nation.  Since I now have a real job, I figured I now have real time to waste.  So, here I am!
Girls only want boyfriends with sweet skills--nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...

Mister M

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2004, 05:41:52 PM »
Umm...hi?

*pokes the thread with a stick*

Well, I guess this is still alive enough. I'm Jason, aka "Mister M" due to a memory lapse by EUOL the first time we met. I know a good chunk of people on the board from Leading Edge, and participated in the Arthurian RPG for a while as Dravner Belanos before the bubonic plague wiped that campaign from the face of the earth.

I probably won't be posting too often, since I'm currently trying to utilize my downtime here at work to get some fiction writing done (so far, I have 37 story beginnings and not a single ending. Stupid writer's block).

Oh yeah, I'm getting married in two weeks. Thankfully, my wife is even more adept at time-wasting than I and actively spends much of her time involved in computer games, roleplaying, Anime, and the occasional game of Magic. And she watches MST3K with me. :)

So...hi. There doesn't happen to be a snack bar around here, does there?

"When in Rome, do as the barbarians do. They won."
"When in Rome, do as the barbarians do. They won."

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2004, 10:12:45 PM »
Since I'm here . . .

I blame Brenna entirely for introducing me to this website. She'd mentioned it a few times, but something about a mysterious bunch of emails and a fish finally persuaded me to join.

I'm married, have three kids, am earning my degree in Linguistics, and spend a lot of time at TLE.  My hobbies include saving my sons from death by splat, death by drowning, and death by starvation.  Death by dustbunnies may have come up occasionally.

Despite my family, wild pickles couldn't keep me from pursuing my fantasy genre obsessions, and I even get in a few minutes of writing time most nights. I've had a short story published about ten years ago, and a poem about fifteen years  ago. I've since had an article and a few book reviews published. Working at TLE, this isn't saying much.

I gave up RPGing ten years ago after a problem with a less-than-creative DM and super-strong characters in a game of Star Wars. For a brief while, I was Mara Jade. Then I quit. It turns out that being a Force-user isn't all it's cracked up to be; the really cute guys never asked me out and I never did learn how to fly.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2004, 10:52:05 PM »
Ah. For some reason I never posted in here, even though I'm listed 5th on the member list...

I'm Peter Ahlstrom. 27 years old...a former editor of The Leading Edge. From Ohio. Currently living in the Los Angeles area. After some fumbling around in New York and 6 months teaching English in Japan, I got a job copyediting at TOKYOPOP, which I thoroughly enjoy. TOKYOPOP publishes manga, and not coincidentally I like manga a lot. I also like anime and science fiction and fantasy novels...

I ride a unicycle. And I'm always on the lookout for...girls close to my height of 6'2.5" >_> Blood type...I seriously don't know what my blood type is.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!