General > Site News

Introduce yourself - right on!

<< < (2/67) > >>

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
I'm Eric J. Ehlers. I'm the Associate Editor, which means I have to make sure stuff shows up on the front page every week day. If nothing shows up, i'm the one you're supposed to bug about it. I read every article and every forum post.

I graduated from BYU with a degree in Comparative Literature. Just so you know, that has nothing to do with the English dept and even less to do with any grammar -- so PLEASE don't insult me by trying to connect it (i'm a snob that way). But if you want a text explicated, analyzed, or criticized, I'm your man. I'm also very into comics, and I presented once at LTUE on the subject. I'm currently trying to get a contract for a book on it. As you can tell, I like to write. I'm trying to decide which novel to write first and have several new short story ideas each day (most I don't get down fast enough to remember)

I'm currently in the Northern Virginia area (*not* DC, again, it's a distinction that's important to me). I work for MicroAnalytics as a technical writer/Desktop publisher/network admin.

I'm married and have (nearly) four daughters. They are certainly the most beautiful children ever born to mortal man.

Spriggan:
I'm Jordan Sanderson
       and I'm terrably mysterious  8)
I'm a Japanese Major at BYU but have no current plans on graduateing.  I figure as long as the govement will pay me to goto school why should I get a real job.  Lets see I'm one of the resident ADD people on this site, unlike Tage who ignores it I come up with all sorts of stuff to do then about 2 days later forget about them.  I rarely read the CCG, Tabletob forums or the book section.  I'm also realy Lazy.

Arathorn:
Tut tut, I'm Darren Rolston. I'm 15 and a freshman in High School.I live in Nebraska, but don't judge me because of it....

I play Warhammer 40k and I think I'll buy some of Wizkid's Shadowrunner stuff when it comes out because it looks awesome.  

What else......

I like anime and the lord of the rings and I have some of the Games Workshop LoTR minis... I own a gamecube and my favorite games are Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 0, and of course Wind Waker.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock:
My name is Zachary Kaveney. And I'm terribly outrageous. I'm 17, go to a high school, live in a house, and wear clothes (occasionally). I live in Derby, NY, it's one of those suburb things off of Buffalo by that awful Lake Erie that has kept us in this crappy Winter/Spring. I don't have a girlfriend, probably because I'm strangely unsocial, or maybe because every woman I come in contact with is horribly shallow or she "doesn't have that 'feeling.'"

I like(d) Magic the Gathering. Play it every so often. Trying to play Heroclix...but no one I know cares about it, bunch of cutthroats they are. I've been playing a lot of Warcraft 3 lately.

On the note of college and career stuff, I'm not sure what I'm doing. Engineering is what I'd do if I went to school A, and if I go to school B then it'd be Theater. Hah-cha-cha-cha!

Lastely, you can call me the resident psycho/insane/mentally disturbed person round here.

Does EVERYONE go to BYU? Whats up with all you people and this BYU? What is that, a bar?

Wow, re-reading this, I really hate myself. Did I really do that? Err.... ok me. You're a weirdo.

stacer:
I'm Stacy Whitman. I graduated from BYU in Marriage, Family, and Human Development, and then went on to work as an editor for a trade magazine, then at Houghton Mifflin while working on my master's in children's literature at Simmons College in Boston. Just graduated last May, and now I edit children's and young adult fantasy.

You can probably guess that I'm mostly into the books and movies section. I'm also involved in the writing group. I used to not play any of the games at all, but lately I've learned to play Magic, D&D minis, SW minis, and D&D. Currently, I'm involved in an Eberron campaign, and I kick butt. Who knew it could be so fun? I mainly come here, though, to keep in touch with my TLE friends from undergrad days and the new friends I've made here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version