Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 219616 times)

Yourstranger13

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2004, 12:55:16 AM »
HI, I'm Erica. I"m from HIghland , Michigan and I"m normally bored all of the time, so I"m hoping this site can add something more interesting to my normal online escapades. I'm only 16 so I expect to be kicked around a bit, but I can handle it. I like to read, listen to music and do anythign that involves beng creative. I"m a huge procrastinator so most of my creativity stays in my head. As a forwarning, I have a tough time spelling, so bare with me. I'm not sure what else is important ( If any of it was in the first place) But I"m pretty easy going and I believe I will enjoy myself here.
(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens;only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
~e.e. cummings

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2004, 03:29:25 AM »
         Hi. My name is Zach and I live in
Michigan. I am already friends with Onion, YourStranger, and Gorgon, and am the same age.  In my spare time I am either writing, playing some sort of video game, doing homework, or listening to music. Usually at least two of the former, actually. Some of my favorite bands are Tool, A Perfect Circle, Our Lady Peace, and Stone Temple Pilots. I read mostly Fantasy and Science Fiction, but I am open to any genre, as long as there is a good story involved. And if you want to know more about me...well that's just unfortunate, isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:58:32 PM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2004, 04:55:57 PM »
So, since the fish thing has died down and I'm bored...

My name is Janci (which doesn't end in an e or a y or a z or a q) and I'm a super-senior English major at BYU.  

I tend to get bored and random in the middle of the night and do strange things like doorbell ditch things like goldfish and betta's on people's doorsteps.  Okay, I've only done that once, but it turned out to be so entertaining that I just might do it again.  On second thought, probably not.  

I go to TLE, (except not this week because I'm in Paris.  Can I just tell you that I love Paris) and I once took a writing class from the illustrious Brandon Sanderson.  Which is incidentally how I ended up at TLE.  Not that anyone cares.  

And if any of you eats my fish, I'll be doorbell ditching a school of pirranahs next, just so you know.   ;D
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2004, 10:18:44 AM »
   Hi! I'm Ed Dexter (hence the eternal nick of Dex) I'm 33, married with 3 pets and live in Lynn MA (right next to Salem *boo!*). I have a propensity to over use parenthesis and commas to offset comments while posting.
   I work as a System Analyst for State Street Bank in Boston. All this amounts to is sitting at my console all day waiting for alerts to come up and taking phone calls. Whoop-de-do! But I only work 3 12-hour days so how can you complain?
   Never went to college in an educational aspect. I've been to many colleges though ;)
   I'm a huge Star Wars fanatic and am looking forward to going broke over the next 9 months.
   I'm also really into movies, tv, reading and amateur photography (digital). There's a link in my profile to my photo page which I will pimp every chance I can.
   I used to RPG quite a bit back in the day but don't have the time for it anymore. I'm a fan of just games in general, often buying them even though I know I will never play them.  I've been known to buy RPG books just to read them for entertainment.
   I successfully created exactly one card game that my friends love. I've demo'd it for a couple different companies at previous GenCons but it's never "their type of thing". I will likely web-publish it for free once I get around to putting down the rules in concrete. I'm the type of person that gets lots of ideas and says they'll get to them "someday". So if anyone's looking for a font of imaginative ideas, here I am!
   Nowadays, most of my gaming is done on the PC. Right now it's City of Heroes and retro-emus like MAME. There will never be another Yar's Revenge, nuff said!

Beardie Mike

• Level 1
  • Is it any wonder that the mokey's confused?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2004, 10:02:47 PM »
Ok, ok, I guess that means I need to introduce myself.  I am Mike, MikeE, Beardie Mike, Haxen (from AORP), Mehlers, and countless other names.  Beardie Mike was what they called me in my fraternity (with a name like Mike you usually need a modifier to distinguish youself from the 50 other Mikes in the group) and it seemed appropiate so you know which one is me in the con pictures.

I am Eric's older brother.  I graduated from the U of U in Math and Physics and from Franklin Pierce Law Center with a JD and an emphasis in intellectual property law.  I currently work at Fidelity Investmnets where I do nothing whatsoever related to those degrees.  I currently live in New Hampshire, where I am becoming more and more of a Yankee, though I am still a Virginia gentleman at heart.

I am married to a New Hampshire girl who talked me into living up here, a decision I regret every January or so.  We have a 3 year old daughter, a husky, and a rabbit.

General likes: I love to write short stories, tho they don't love me.  I read a lot in a lot of genres, but SF has always been my first love.  And I am very much a grognard-give me a table top war game and you've got me for the evening.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 10:04:17 PM by Mehlers »
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. -Heinlein

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2004, 12:24:54 PM »
Hi.  I am Orron from Kansas City, MO, long time associate of EUOL, Sprig, Moredew, Rican, & Morgan.  I am currently working on my J.D. at UMKC, which occupies a majority of my life.  When I am not in class or studying away I like to sit around and come up with new ways to torture the players in my gaming group, play video games, and watch movies.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 05:33:21 PM by Nicadymus »
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Rican

• Level 5
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2004, 01:09:14 PM »
I am Jerry or J.J. from Lincoln, NE, Just go engage and may god have mercy on my soul due to the fact that my mother will not leave me alone and we have not even stared to make the any wedding plans.  Those who truly known her understand my problem and  for those who don’t she like to put her big fat nose into my life, and there is nothing I can do about it cause she is a P.R. with a huge personality.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2004, 05:59:05 PM »
Yeah.  I'm Ethan Skarstedt.  In a former life I got a degree in English from BYU where I met everyone at TLE.  One year I was the grandmaster-committe-meister-chair of LTUE.  It was so fun that I have never returned to even a single meeting of the committee.

I have been published in Sunstone as the third place winner of the Brookie and DK Brown fiction contest.  Other than that zilch except for some drawings I did for TLE.  Which don't count because I worked there.

Now I work as a Graphic Designer for the marketing department of a hearing aid company.

Currently I'm working on a book about my experiences in Afghanistan.  When that's done I'll go back to work on my Science Fiction novel and various short stories.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:34:26 AM by Skar »
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2004, 01:17:59 AM »
Hi, my name is John, and I bring nothing but pain, misery, suffering, hate, anger, sadness, despair, and woe to all those I know.  If you don't believe me, just ask my wife.

I'm a long time friend of Spriggan, EUOL, Nicadymus, and Rican.  If it hadn't been for me, Sprig and EUOL wouldn't have had friends.  Ever.

gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2004, 02:18:32 PM »
Introductions...hrm...I'm a squid from the planet...erm...no...that's not right.  How does it go again?  Ahh...yes.

My name is Jena I'm old enough to know better, which means over that thirty year mark.  I'm another BYU grad, specifically in English - Editing and Publication emphasis, from many moons ago when the world was a simpler place and computers came in x86s.  I'm still single, just me and the fish and live in Utah County.

Credential wise.  *chuckles*  I've been role playing since...erm...around 1986 an have visited a variety of system, currently settled in DnD 3.5, but having a closet relationship with World of Darkness.

I was editing staff at The Leading Edge for two years, Executive Secretary for one of those years.  I currently write articles for the RPG Times and have done freelance editing work for about the last fourteen years in various fields.  

I'm a jack of all trades type and my brain is stuffed with random useless information about stuff in general.  Don't be surprised when it leaks out.  :P

~J
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 02:53:05 PM by JenaRey »
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

TheWarriorlives

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2004, 01:30:45 AM »
Name is Brad Higley. I also go to BYU, but unlike the rest of them, I'm not part of TLE.

No, I'm one of the VPs of Quark, TLE's sister organization at BYU. (Actually, the first Quark formed TLE, then died, then TLE members went and reformed Quark. So Quark is its own grandfather or something).

I've read Time-Waster's Guide for three years or so, so I decided to finally get on the boards.

I'm deciding between Electrical Engineering and History for a major, but it looks as if I will be in college for another four years.

I spent the last two years of my life in Bolivia, teaching, so if I make any stupid comments like "hey, when did that come out," forgive me.

(Note: Just so all you TLE people can stop bugging us for submissions, I'll send you one next semester. Just as soon as I finish it.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 01:32:01 AM by TheWarriorlives »
Like the man says, the Warrior lives.
And we are not nice people.

Outlaw

• Level 1
  • Aaaarrrgh!
    • View Profile
    • The Charlie Brown Show
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2004, 01:25:03 PM »
Hi, I'm Joe. I live in St. Louis, Missouri. I'm a book producer by day (once a manuscript is done in development, it's sent to me. I handle the copyediting, proofreading, typesetting, troubleshoot, printing, binding, etc. My job is the actual construction of the book). I freelance by night. Although my focus recently has been with the RPGA, I've been published with Kenzer & Co., wrote an award winning play (that I'm still very proud of), and hopefully will move back to the stage or maybe even screen once I run out of ideas for adventures. :)

I game with Mr. Pleasington among others, both with the RPGA and in home games such as Savage Worlds, Orpheus (which I want to make into a movie) and others.

Other than that, movies, music, politics, religion, biking, and being a general pedagogue fills what time I have left. :)
Outlaw

What are you talking about, we are the wrong hands!

Doors and Windows

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
  • Captain Morgan - The Nectar of the Gods...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2004, 07:35:49 PM »
I am Mike of Nebraska. Nicadymus has talked to me enough about this site that I finally decided to spend what little free time I have to check it out. EUOL many years ago got me in with this group of gamers, and I have been hooked ever since.  The group of gamers being Spriggan, EUOL, Nicadymus, Rican and MoreDew. I would defiently call myself the counterpoint of this group, that being the swearing, drinking, smoking fiend that I am, they still put up with just fine.

I work at a Nuclear (or as I call it the unclear) Power plant here in Nebraska, hence the homer picture. Before that there was college and the Navy which also happened to be for nuclear power.

Nicadymus, Rican, MoreDew and I have been gaming pretty much whenever we get a chance for the last ten years minus times for being away due to the military or those spirital trips their church encourages.

I pledge to do my best not to offend anyone, but just remember- Resistance is Futile.
"Why make billions when we could make ......... millions?" - Dr. Evil
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/austin_powers/drevil.wav

n8sumsion

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2004, 12:37:56 AM »
Hey, my name is Nathan Sumsion. I'm MoreDew's older brother. He just told me about the site today and I thought I'd join in.

I'm a graduate from USU in Graphic Design, and for the past 7 years I've been a video game designer in Salt Lake, Germany, and now North Carolina. I've worked on Robotech: Invasion (Vicious Cycle - Xbox and PlayStation 2), Far Cry (Crytek - PC), Legends of Wrestling 2 (Acclaim - Xbox, PS2, GameCube), Circus Maximus (Kodiak Interactive - Xbox and PS2 PAL), and Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (Acclaim - Nintendo 64, PlayStation, DreamCast).

I've played role-playing games for the past... uh, 25 years I guess. Favorites are D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Stormbringer, World of Darkness, and basically anything I could find a group of people willing to play with me. Currently I'm also really in to German boardgames and other ways to waste my time.

Big horror movie and sci-fi movie nut. Former comic junkie (my budget couldn't keep up with the habit once my son was born), but I work with enough guys who still collect that I can usually read over their shoulders on lunch breaks.

It goes without saying I'm a big video game player. Currently playing World of Warcraft, Bard's Tale, Final Fantasy X-2, X-men Legends.

That's probably enough for now. Hopefully I'll be wasting your time with my posts in the foreseeable future.

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2004, 02:00:38 PM »
Greets to all
I was encouraged to visit, I think I will stay!  
I have important things to do
I'll post here anyway
Alles!!!