General > Site News

Introduce yourself - right on!

<< < (67/67)

beccentric:
I'm Bec. I'm from the UK, I'll be twenty in about a week and with a little luck, I'll be at university studying English Literature and Philosophy & Ethics starting September.

I like all sorts of things, but Greek, Roman and Norse mythology, folklore, politics, philosophy, reading, writing, ukulele-playing, history, classic rock and sitcoms are all major areas of interest.

I'm not sure if I stumbled onto Writing Excuses first or Brandon Sanderson's writing via Wheel of Time. The two happened more or less simultaneously, but entirely coincidentally, if I remember correctly. In any case, Brandon became one of my favourite authors after reading the Mistborn Trilogy, I really enjoyed the I Am Not A Serial Killer books by Dan Wells, and I listen to Writing Excuses on a regular basis. I don't actually write all that much because I'm a complete and utter procrastinator, but the theory of writing fascinates me.

BeyondTheFail:
I should get around to doing this before I forget about it.

I'm BTF, or Aly if you so choose to call me such. I'm a Michigander that is currently job-shadowing for ophthalmic assisting (goodness, I really need to start learning how to spell ophthalmic). I got directed here because of Schlock Mercenary and thought I should peruse the area.

Current obsession: Mafia games. I'm gonna look for some here.
Current reading projects: Usually Ted Dekker related.

Also, I'll be 21 in late September. Woo!

Feloxia:
Hello there. I'm from the Portland, OR area, but I shall be heading off to BYUI this fall. I'm majoring in Illustration, and I hpoe that I'll be able to transfer to either MICA or Kansas City Art Institute after a couple of years in Idaho. So, obviously, I love art (I have some of my pieces/sketches here). I'm not sure where I'll go with it after college, but I think it would be so cool to do some stuff for movies, although I don't really like doing animation.

Anyway, I'll probably be posting in most of the forums. I love to read books, video games are awesome, I've played some rpgs and I follow some webcomics and such. Oh yeah, and I'm kind of a movie snob...I don't like watching movies that are a waste of my time, but I try to be nice about it.

Kell Daris:
Hello. I live in Raleigh, NC. I  am 24 years old and am still an undergraduate at NCSU. I mostly attribute this to my severe ADD. I quickly become bored with any classes I'm taking if my workload is more than two or three classes worth.  My excuse to everyone else, though, is that I don't want to go into debt to pay for school, so I also work full time and go to school on the side. I am also training heavily in Brazilian Jiu-jutsu with the ultimate goal of becoming an Instructor with my own school/academy. Due to these time constraints, I am single and have been for quite some time. (I've found that it is difficult to find women who are ok with only seeing thier boyfriend one or two nights a week. ::))

I found this website searching for information on the cosmere of The Way of Kings, and so I see myself spending most of my time, for the near future, in the Brandon Sanderson section of the forums. Truthfully, I have somewhat of a timid nature and will likely spend most of my time lurking about, unless I feel I have something of significant value to contribute. On the offchance that I do contribute something to a topic, I thought it would be polite of me to at least introduce myself here. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version