Author Topic: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekly!  (Read 24240 times)

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekl
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2006, 03:19:54 AM »
More sketches from the London con, apologies for the blurry nature on some of these - hope you can still make 'em out!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2006, 03:28:16 AM »
Last few of my faves here! Now, be sure to check back in folks, as in the next few days I'll be posting up news of the once-a-year chance for you to get your paws on a rather special piece of original Blink Art! Ooooh!!

Cheers, guys and gals!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2006, 04:05:04 AM »
Here's something special to start your week!! As some of you may know, here at The Blink we don't sell the original pages of art from our comics. Ever. In fact, we don't undertake commissions or commercial work of any kind (y'know, it's all about the comics, baby). So, the only way to get your hands on some original Blink comic art is to either get a free sketch at a con, or win an original board in one of our competitions run through the site and in the comics. Well, okay, there is ONE other way, and that's the annual Blink Art Auction, where just once a year we give you the opportunity to bid on just one piece of Blink art, and this year it's something fairly special - the original pencils for the cover of Malcolm Magic issue 11!! Yikes! The idea here is that the piece goes to a fan, so the ebay auction starts on Friday with NO reserve, NO starting price and FREE postage to ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! Aren't we good to you?! Oh, and we're also gonna throw in a full set of issues 1-12 of the UK-only single issues of Malcolm Magic, soon to be discontinued! Here's a shot of the piece after a digital clean, the original is a little more smudgy!!

More news on this once it's up and running guys!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2006, 03:36:21 AM »
Right! A fun week ahead now, with a full preview page from Malcom Issue 11 every day from now 'till Friday!! ALLLLLRIIIIIIGHT!!

Let's get on with it then, eh?

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2006, 03:49:21 AM »
Next page! Ooh! Things sure are hotting up!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2006, 03:28:21 AM »
On we go...!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2006, 03:22:04 AM »
So, last page of the ole' four-page preview from MM11 today, hope that was a fun ride for youse guys!!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2006, 03:43:10 AM »
Helloeverybodypeeps! Well, here we are, at the start of another week, lots on the way, and as last week was very much about the colours, this week's gonna be a lot about the lines, methinks! First up: Marvellous Mister Wonderful...who he?!

As a little aside, the Annual Blink Auction for just one piece of original art is up! It's also probably your only EVER chance to get your hands on a set of the UK-only single issues of Malcolm Magic if you live outside of the UK - which will be discontinued next year.

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »
Hey folks! So, next week I'm gonna do a special week-long posting of concept art from the super-secret-special MOON! story we're working on alongside the prep for the full series. Here's a shot of a Hover GEEP design for the very same project!

On another note entirely, an exceptionally cool book on the history of our favourite artform has just come out called Great British Comics. Frankly, this book is amazing, and is a must for anyone who has a passion for sequential art of any kind, or who just wants to see more of this county's rich comics history. Most excitingly for us though, is that on page 79 you'll find dear old Malcolm Magic!! Wowza!! Opened a few bottles of "Monsieur LaPunch's Celebratory Ale" down in the Blink Lounge Bar about that one, I can tell you!! Cheers! Hic!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2006, 04:17:06 AM »
Okay, folks, so it's time for another of them's old tutorials! Here, for those of you who are interested is a little step by step exploring the thinking behind that MOON! print I posted a while back. Re-reading this, I wonder if it feels a little airy and vague, but what I'm trying to talk about is how you approach the piece with your head, as opposed to just technique. Anyways, here's the first three steps, the last four will be posted over the next few days, hope it's of interest/help to someone out there! Cheers!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2006, 03:34:52 AM »
Next steps, last two in a bit!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:00 AM »
Ah, now, it's that time of year again, when Bobber, the creative mastermind behind the writing of all this stuff, heads off to the French/Swiss region of Morzine to spend the next five months as a snowboarding mountain guide. Happy trails, bro, hope the powder's good, and I'll be out there to see you reeeal soon! Cheers!

Back on topic, here's the final two steps, hope that proved to be a fun lil' tute'!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekly!
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2006, 08:55:56 AM »
Ah! A new look to TW foum! Very nice!

Hey Folks! Well, I had promised you a themed week of concept art for our Super-Special-uber-Secret MOON! project, but there's so much other stuff to show you this week that'll have to wait. First up, it's CONVENTION TIME again!! Lordy, these things come along as soon as your back's turned, huh?! The Birmingham International Comics Show will be held on the weekend of the 9th -10th December in the awesome CUSTARD FACTORY in the heart of Birmingham. We'll be there, as usual, with all the bells and whistles, and hopefully the final issue of Malcolm Magic!! Here's a sneak-peak at a pencilled panel from the very same. More news on the Con and the Com soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2006, 08:31:13 AM »
So, with another con on the way, it's surely time for another MOON! sketchbook, huh? The 6th MOON! Sketchbook will be released as a limited edition run of just 50, one free with every £10 spent at the Blink stall. Here's the cover, hope you dig, folks! Hmmm...those fighters sure look familiar...

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2006, 07:50:52 AM »
Went sketch-boozing with  good buddies Badger and James from Concept Art again recently and knocked out a few designs for environments for the super-special-secret-MOON! project. This, as you can see, is an overhead shot of "APOCALYPTO" - a nice little city!

On another note entirely, it's my wonderful girlfriend's birthday today, here's a pic I posted for her on the Blink Twice Blog. GO HERE to read my romantic ramblings, and see some other stuff not posted anywhere else!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!