Author Topic: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekly!  (Read 24196 times)

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekl
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2006, 03:48:41 AM »
Okay, so MM11's coming on nicely, here's a little sneak peek of some colours...

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2006, 03:00:00 AM »
MORE colour fun?!! LORDY!! Here's a shot of ole' Hush, that short-footed Dragon on take-off in MM11...

More before you know it!!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2006, 03:13:28 AM »
Just a fun one today for no reason other than it sums up the writing and comedy style of Malcolm perfectly! Hoho!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2006, 07:04:34 AM »
Gooood mornin', Time-waster peeps! Two today...

Had a lil' sketch session with a few of the guys from Concept Art who reside here in Bristol (hey J-man! whassup, B!) a while ago. Did a couple of vehicle designs for the tippity-top secret MOON! project I mentioned a while back, but also knocked out this lil' bad-boy, and I thought you guys might like to see. I've got hundreds of these type MOON! environs backed up, but am finding them a bit of a time drag to digitally clean, so recently moved from sketching in pencil to sketching with a humble biro, and I love it!! The softness of pencil, the cleanliness of ink, it meant this pic required almost no cleaning, just scanned it in straight from the layup page! Clearly the way ahead, methinks...

So, here's a little bit of inky-inking. Tonka's in amongst all that rubble somewhere! Hoho!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2006, 03:29:23 AM »
So, Malcolm Magic issue 11 is coming on nicely, here's another panel of interior art, dressed up as a little web flyer.

On another note, those of you who like all this nonsense, but would really rather a little more of it, will be pleased to hear about the recent launch of Blog Twice: the Blink Blog. This is the place where you'll find a whole load of other stuff about the comics and studio, lots of exclusive new art going up, and other such gems that won't be seen here in the Blink thread. Rather than post images up in the random order they go up in here, I'll also be grouping the art as it updates, and will go into more detail about the production of images than you currently get here. It's also a team Blog, meaning that you'll get Bob popping in from time to time to post up news on the scripting and general creation of all our adventures, and Marky will be in there too to let you know of any web-based wonders on the way. Oh, and don't forget you can get your art in there too: have a read of the "Blink Buddies" posting from Tuesday 17th Oct to find out how! Just click the pic of Kweet, fellow Blinkers!

Of course, you'll still be able to get almost daily updates right here in the Blink Thread each and every week, so sit tight, and get ready for more fun!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2006, 03:04:33 AM »
Here's Reggy, Chester, Fikov, Kenneth and Sebastian "dropping in" on the Gullivans...!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2006, 04:27:59 AM »
Hey gang, something a bit different today, for those of you who like words AND pictures! Hoho! I've been meaning to get a proper break-down of the madness which is the Malcolm Adenture up here for a while, and when doing a quick layup for the "Previously, in Malcolm Magic..." section of the new issue I realised I had the perfect excuse. So here, in Bobber's own words, is what's gone on thus far, along with some interior art shots you may not have seen before (prepare to be confused!)...

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2006, 03:26:52 AM »
So, it's just a few days until the LONDON MCM EXPO and as we're releasing the new issue of Malcs there, I wanted to show you some more interior artwork from the issue and also talk a little about all the sketchin' I'll be doing at the show. As usual, I'll be doing free sketches all weekend for those who want them, and will post up a whole load of pics of my faves in here next week. So come along, come see us, chat comics and get yourself an original slice of the Blink - for nothin'!! Here, Rasper, Tonka and Kweet will tell you how...

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2006, 03:31:20 AM »
Ooh! The show's only a few days away now...

Some rather "conflicting" shadow work here, methinks! Hoho!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2006, 03:14:21 AM »
So, today's a big day in the church of Blink, as our founding member, mister Robin Etherington (aka broski) has a big ole Birthday!!!! As many of you will know, by bro creates, writes and letters every single one of our adventures, and is the giant BRAIN behind all things Blink. Getting to work with my brother on these insanely fun projects is an absolute dream come true, and is the kind of thing we naively would chat about in tree houses, on our bikes, and in rooms strewn with copies of The Beano and episodes of Charlie's War as kids. Little did we know back then the world's a lot more complicated than it seems when you're seven, and sticking to our guns on producing the kind of comics we really care about has meant a great deal or perseverance and dedication. With Bob at the wheel though, it's always an absolute delight and sitting down at the drawing board each day here in Blink Towers with a new page of script is always exciting: wondering where he'll whisk my imagination and my pencils off to this time. So happy B-day, Bo-bo, can't wait until the Blink Team meets up tomorrow for a weekend of con-based Birthday shenanigans! Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2006, 04:14:49 AM »
Right! Just nipping in before I head off to London, here's the cover of MM11 that we launch tomorrow. Have a great weekend, guys!

Lorenzo!

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2006, 12:51:01 PM »
Good luck in London Mr. L.  You deserve it.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2006, 03:06:49 AM »
Hey Skarloween! Thank you soooo much, buddy! That's very cool of you to say, much appreciated! The London Con was an absolute STORMER, and you'll be pleased to here the Blink boys had a rather awesome time all round! Wanting to take a bit more time over my sketches than in the past, I only ran off about 30 - 40 over the weekend, and I'll be posting some each day all this week. Thanks to all the guys and gals who showed up to make this MASSIVE show so much fun - we loves ya! Back for another very soon!

Now, let's see some of those free sketches (excuse poor focus on some of 'em!)...

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2006, 04:07:54 AM »
Okay, day two, here's some more, note that the first one is not dissimilar to a sketch I posted in here from Bristol a while back. Must have a thing for AT-AT's, I guess...!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2006, 03:21:46 AM »
Okay, so I'm waiting on the pics for about 65% of the con sketches from Marky, so in the meantime, here's a couple of lil' vehicular ones I did recently...

Lorenzo!