Author Topic: Miniatures  (Read 1179 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Miniatures
« on: August 23, 2004, 12:14:58 AM »
Curse you Pinnacle...

For years I avoided owning mass armies of Pewter and lead. Mostly it was that miniatures used to be made to be heavily customised. Arms and legs of good Ral Partha figures came seperate, and huge figs were an amalgam of large hunks of lead. Over time nice scuplts of one piece figures have crept in. Paints too have improved, Citidels paint pots are great, (and they sell emptys so you can mix your own if your obsessive) and their primers and varinishes even better. So why am I cursing Pinnacle, well D&D fights used to run so slow you didnt really need minis, and I play Warhammer with other peoples fig's so I never really needed minis.

Savage Worlds is a huge figure based game, with players controlling NPC's  and a blinding game pace, having a lot of metal on the table just seemed like a good idea.  Yeah PEGINC makes foldup paper models, but I wanted something nice for my PC's.

Eventually I want to play PEGINC's Horror Wargame "Rippers"  too, so I bought some of those mini's as well.  

All of them are made by Old Glory, are on solid piece, and fairly detailed. Combined with some Fold-up paper scenery from World Works and WOTC I can have a great game environment that 10 years ago would be unheard of.

Why am I writing this? Well for one thing, because I want Saint to know that I dropped a $50 bill on a lot of mini's for TWG East and that this means I expect to play sometime soon. And 2 because I think Im turned around on the entire concept of minis.

A third not is that Since I have nice painted mini's, a nice customisable game board, and Paper mini's to handle what I dont have, I plan to take pictures of our 50 fathoms game and post it to TWG.

If we every get together again that is....
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:42:04 PM »
And all of my miniatures are painted...

Whew............

Its not like I had an army of Space Marines or Anything, The PEG Mini's are all original sculpts, and way different from each other. Which meant every mini was its own seperate task.

So now the 15 I bought are done.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!