Author Topic: Happy Things 2008:Generation X [part deux]  (Read 75878 times)

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Things 2008:Generation X [part deux]
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2008, 01:13:31 AM »
I'm really lost as to what year I'm in now...

But I'm happy it's 2008 because.... I GET TO GO TO ENGLAND! (in April) Woo Hoo!  2 whole weeks with no kids, no husband, no obligations beyond getting on a bus and going to our next destination!

And it all happens in the same time period that all our tax information should come throught which makes it a double whammy! Cause that means my darling of a husband will have to do them!!!!! Whoop Dee Doo!

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2008, 01:39:18 AM »
I'm happy because I've finally turned in grades and only have a couple more things to do before classes start again on Monday. Perhaps I can even relax a little. (Hope springs eternal.)

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2008, 04:57:27 AM »
I'm happy because Signed Hardcovers of Mistborn are being sold in Brandon's Store and I ordered mine all ready. I'll be even happier when I get it. :D
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 14, 2008, 02:38:55 PM »
Okay, so I haven't been feeling very well since yesterday. Wrenched my back the other day. So I was considering taking a sick day.

But thanks to a major snow emergency, it would be pretty sucky to go in to Boston today. I've a feeling that my company would just tell us to go home early again, like they've done for the other huge storms. But, hey, considering I feel crummy, it's the perfect day for a snow day. Except I could really use a heating pad for my back. And who knows when my landlord's snow guy will come. Until then, my car ain't going nowhere. Oh, well. More alleve coming up...
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2008, 06:34:35 AM »
^^ ugh! I hate back problems... I can't imagine how people way back when handled it. When I throw my back out, pain killers become my best friends. I pity anyone who doesn't have such luxuries.

Ratlord12

« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »
I'm horrible at math, but somehow I keep a perfect score on the math part of the mandatory government tests here at the center. Here's the secret: I guess on 30% of the questions. It's uncanny, really.

If this luck continues, I'm going to start buying lotto tickets.

Jelly_Belly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Jelly Belly's blog
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »
I talked to my boss about working from home once my maternity leave is over, and not only did he say that that was okay, he's going to get me a laptop to use when I work from home too! This is great because we only have one computer and it's been really annoying when both my husband and I need a computer to use. And I didn't think he would get me a laptop because of the cost, so I wasn't even going to ask, but he volunteered that he would! Yay!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2008, 01:29:39 AM »
I just had my first interview with my new job. (Me interviewing people, not someone interviewing me). It went well all things considered and I feel a lot better about committing to working for the state.

Though it was a little discouraging that this family needs help making ends meet. It's a nuclear family of 8 (not unusualy for Utah) where the both parents and the 3 oldest children work 7 jobs beteen them and still they need assistance and qualified for food stamps and medicaid.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Jhaeli

• Level 3
  • Oh the weather outside is frightful...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
One of my bosses hasn't been harping on me as much as usual - in fact, where he used to allegedly say things about me behind my back (like calling me lazy) as well as hint at things then deny he was accusing me of anything, now we're actually having decent conversations where we can find a bit of common ground. He's also been giving me some compliments on my news and sports reporting - which is unusual at my station. It's been a huge weight off my back to not have to worry so much about him.

Of course, I may just not be hearing about things he's saying anymore... :P
"My task which I am trying to achieve is, by the power of the written word to make you hear, to make you feel - it is, before all, to make you see." - Joseph Conrad

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2008, 11:56:39 PM »
I get to go on a date with my wife!!!  Woohoo!!  Because of my work schedule, and her school/work schedule, we haven't been spending much time together.  Now we both have the evening off!   ;D
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2008, 01:50:22 AM »
On Saturday my daughter crashed while sledding and knocked out a tooth. I panicked, thinking it was a permenant tooth and took her to the doctor. Fortunately, it was just a baby tooth. What a relief!!
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2008, 02:32:23 AM »
Yipes! Thank goodness it only created some extra work for the Tooth Fairy!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2008, 05:48:50 AM »
Heh, there wouldn't have been panic if we actually would have been able to find it, I would have been able to tell if it was a baby tooth. As for the Tooth Fairy, she gets out of this one because there's no tooth to exchange.....
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2008, 02:35:56 PM »
That'll teach those kids to go sledding!

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2008, 06:04:17 PM »
lol. You know, I remember when my two brothers (Cory & Eric), who were about 10 and 8 at the time, got into a sledding accident. The local Jr. High had the most awesome hill--many, many yards of snow-covered bliss. Until they accidentally slammed into an electrical box concealed by the snow and went flying. Their friends had already left, and so they were alone. Nobody could see them from the road because the hill was so steep and broad.

Cory bruised his back so badly that he wasn't able to creep up the hill to the road until he prayed. Eric was in shock and when the paramedics were called by the guy Cory flagged down, they put a mini neck brace on him. The two of them were rather awed by being in the back of a real ambulance. heh. Silly boys.

When the dr. examined Eric, he said, "His leg is really bruised, and I don't like how quiet he is." this after trying to get Eric to talk to him. ha. I explained that he was always like that with strangers and even at home. Not a talkative kid. (Wow, how he has changed--he's on his mission now in El Salvador. So proud of him.)

The next few weeks were filled with bed rest, ice packs, pain relievers, and game after game of "Pogs" (remember those?), Uno, Nintendo, and other such pursuits. We were just so glad no permanent damage was done.
--Spriggan