Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146747 times)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #795 on: November 20, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »
My checkbook has vanished, and I expect theft.  I've frozen my acc, but this means I can't write checks or use my debit card.  Rather annoying.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 20, 2008, 09:17:22 PM »
Ouch. Those types of situations are annoying. I've had similar problems when I lost my debit/credit card. Took like a week to get it straight.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 25, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »
My Mother's Labrador has terminal cancer.  He is an awesome dog, so it will be hard to say goodbye, especially for my parents.  He is 10, so at least he has had a good life.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #798 on: December 01, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »
I've got a HUGE black blood blister on my TOE. It is about an inch in diameter and is excruciating when I walk, and painful when I don't do anything.....
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #799 on: December 01, 2008, 03:06:36 PM »
My Mother's Labrador has terminal cancer.  He is an awesome dog, so it will be hard to say goodbye, especially for my parents.  He is 10, so at least he has had a good life.

I'm sorry Bane.  :(

I know how you feel. Our cat is pretty old herself and has diabetes. She won't last much longer.  :'(

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 01, 2008, 06:43:28 PM »
Elizabeth has been throwing up since Friday, and Karen started feeling nauseous at 4 this morning. Arrgh.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 03, 2008, 04:19:27 AM »
Just in time for the holidays, my family in Utah is being evicted from the duplex they've been renting. I guess that'll teach them for wanting a hot water heater that works. Or for wanting a professional mold guy to evaluate the house after the "repaired" heater had been leaking warm water between two walls for over a week, leaving behind a nasty, distinctly moldy smell.

Merrry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:41:01 AM by Shrainberry Sauce »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 03, 2008, 04:21:47 AM »
Ouch. I am sorry to hear that there Shrain. That is just horrible. What a terrible land lord.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 03, 2008, 05:25:33 PM »
Well, Shrain, on the bright side, maybe they'll find a better place that they would rather live in. If they'd stayed and there were a mold problem (and it wasn't fixed by the landlord), that could cause major unneeded health problems for them. Uck! I feel sorry for the next renters who will probably have no idea of the potential mold.

But yeah, sometimes I hate landlords. That's why I like where I live. I hate that our managers treat us like crap (like we're not the ones that make them money each month), but at least when there is something wrong, they fix it right away (because maybe we're unimportant, but their properties are they're money makers, and they want to keep them presentable). What I really love is how once a year or so, they'll send us flyers in the mail offering their services as realtors, in case we decide to buy a home rather than continue to rent. As if!

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 03, 2008, 09:29:49 PM »
(sigh) Thanks, guys. I talked w/ my parents last night and we all decided to just take this as a good thing overall. My mom has enough health problems (asthma, migraines, fibromyalgia) and she doesn't need a mold problem too. I doubt my dad and brothers would benefit from moldy air either, of course. :P

The only sucky parts about this is that 1) my visit home really isn't gonna be much of a vacay because I'll be helping them pack and find a place--can you say STRESS?--and 2) they have only 30 days to find a home (my dad hopes to qualify for a home loan now especially given the buyer's market). Trouble is that my mom can't tolerate forced air heating given her respiratory problems from the pollens and dust.  So they need a place with electric/radiant-floor heating, which is dang tough to come by. :-\ They might have to buy a place and pay for the heating system to be converted.

Anyhow, I guess we're lucky that what with the economy, my fam should be able to find a good deal on a house.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #805 on: December 04, 2008, 04:26:27 AM »
Sorry to hear all that.  As a former apartment manager the sleezeballs give the rest of them a bad name.  Radiant heat is easy to find in Southeastern Utah.  Our house has radiant heat in the upstairs ceiling, and a wood burning stove downstairs.  The principles of thermodynamics evidentally weren't taught down here twenty years ago.
But that is a very long commute if your fam works in the metro areas  ;) Good luck finding a place.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 05, 2008, 04:51:54 PM »
I hope things work out there. I have dealt with some really dumb landlords in my time as well, and it is usually a blessing to get away. I hope this works in the same vein as well =).

Roommate forgot he was the one who wrote the rent check this month, and went out and bought a really nice gift for his new girlfriend on the card attached to that account. I like the girl he is dating now, and have known him for quite a while, so I am not worried about anything stupid overall here. Just annoying that I have to fix a situation that was rather preventable. I guess that is what the holidays are for though.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 06, 2008, 04:44:34 AM »
I appreciate the well-wishing. We're spreading out as many feelers as possible. My parents are already looking at houses and doing research. They can't move farther south, though, because my dad works in way up north. They all want to stay in Orem if possible. Time (and prayers) will tell, though. 

Sorry about the rent issue, Discount. You might wanna always go "halvsies" on rent from now on. I find that can work out much better.
--Spriggan

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 16, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »
Went out of towm to see family and had fun. Came back home with a very, very bad cold and to much to do.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #809 on: December 17, 2008, 04:41:40 AM »
I have to leave at like 4:20 in the morning or so tomorrow to catch a flight.  Ugh.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."