Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146703 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #780 on: October 31, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »
Okay Ookla, if people post replies to your post I'm gonna switch them to their own thread. So...if you'd like to start your own thread and post a link, that would be ok too.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 31, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »
Like I said, I don't actually want to get into it here; I don't feel like a repeat of the abortion thread.

I just came here to be grumpy in the grumpy thread, and people replied. If it escalates, split it off if you need to, but I'm not going to go out of my way to start a thread here. There's plenty of discussion elsewhere on the internet and if people want it they can seek it out.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 31, 2008, 07:47:34 PM »
Ok I couldnt help it, I made a thread to converse this if anyone likes. http://www.timewastersguide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6197.0

Please continue the GrumpyNess. ;D
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 03, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »
My identity was stolen!  So yeah, that sucked and I spent FOREVER trying to fix it! But everything seems to be in order now. . . . I think.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 03, 2008, 11:17:47 PM »
I may not compare to a stolen ID but I had a crazy Halloween party on Sat night and my house was a mess after. I swear I mopped every floor at least twice and they are still sticky in a lot of places. I guess jello shots are fun but messy when there is a fog machine filling the house and you cant see very well. At least it was a lot of fun but man, Im still not done cleaning and it was two days ago.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 13, 2008, 03:44:43 PM »
It was dark out at 5 yesterday, which means winter is fast approaching, and all the work I have been putting off is due in the next 6 weeks.  Procrastination; gotta love it......eventually.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Silenced Parrot

• Level 3
  • You spilled my egg, I needed that egg. -Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 14, 2008, 07:45:51 AM »
Everything feels slow right now. It feels as though I'm going through my life in slow motion, which is beginning to annoy me. It just feels later than it really is, and the date feels all wrong, and it's getting dark at 4:30PM, which doesn't help the feeling. Not to mention I've been sick over the past few weeks, seems my body wanted to catch everything all in one go.  >:(

And there are too many great video-games coming out, and I can't be spending so much money on my favorite hobby. Ugh.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (RIP)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #787 on: November 14, 2008, 05:38:51 PM »
I'm grumpy because my dad has to file for bankruptcy and lose his business which he's had for over 10 years. Damn economy.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 14, 2008, 07:16:26 PM »
Hey cranberry that stinks man. Thats a good reason to be grumpy. Sorry to hear about it.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 14, 2008, 07:25:13 PM »
Yup, you can thank everyone who bought a home they couldn't afford for that one.  I bet if they bailed out all the small businesses and let the giants die, we would all be better off.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 14, 2008, 07:28:56 PM »
That would have been interesting

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 14, 2008, 11:22:05 PM »
I am grumpy that people can't seem to figure out how to leave messages on our office phone. Normally not an issue expect when people get upset when I am not always able to answer with our short staff. If I don't know what it is you need or who you are, I cannot get back to you.

"But no one listens to messages so I think it is better to just call a lot and hope you eventually pick up."
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 19, 2008, 11:44:48 PM »
Namecalling. It's not nice. What's more, it is not ethical in a business situation. I really don't appreciate it when someone in authority tells me, "That's the way of the corporate world, kiddo. Best get used to it." I am NOT a "kiddo." OK, I made a mistake unknowingly TWO years ago. I apologized and took care of the problem.

I know I still have things to learn. BUT that doesn't give this person the right to belittle me with namecalling. And *then* when I get the courage to stick up for myself via email, he/she says I "obviously" need further discussion on this (i.e, I must not know what I'm talking about) and therefore need to meet with said person on Fri.

I feel like throwing up.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 20, 2008, 12:09:41 AM »
Can you ask for someone who will stand up for you to accompany you to the meeting?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 20, 2008, 03:11:19 AM »
That's my hope, Ookla. I'm just not sure who to ask.  I feel rather helpless about the whole thing. So having an advocate would be such a relief. The email he/she sent to me gives me the impression that I was "wrong" in objecting to something I felt was objectionable. Now there's a Catch 22 if I ever saw one...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 04:08:51 AM by Shrainberry Sauce »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT