Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146783 times)

pengwenn

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Is this my reality or yours?
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #675 on: March 27, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »
My work hosted a convention last week and again this week.  Last week some assistants got so drunk they made fools of themselves and embarrassed the company in front of our agents.  Some complaints even made it up to the president of the company.  Because it was so bad all assistants have been banned from attending the activities during the convention this week.  It really sucks that I don't drink and can act like an adult at a company function but that I get punished because others can't be bothered to do the same.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 05, 2008, 10:49:29 PM »
Im grumpy because I leave for a few months and there are all these whippersnappers.  ;)
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 12, 2008, 11:23:40 PM »
I'm grumpy because my friend woke me up from a nap and then proceeded to yell at me for sleeping in until four without giving me time to tell her I had been taking a nap.  To top it off the reason she called was to get me to organize a hangout, because for some reason if I don't plan what we do nothing ever happens.  Even when other people try it falls apart.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 15, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »
Why do I have to get the stomach flu, then a bad cold on top of it which I cough all the time.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

pengwenn

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #679 on: April 15, 2008, 08:38:34 PM »
I'm grumpy because my A/C was blowing hot air instead of cold and the temperature outside was in the upper 90s yesterday.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 16, 2008, 04:13:13 PM »
I'm grumpy because it snowed yesterday. I want spring weather!
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »
I'm at work on what is a holiday (Patriot's Day) for most people here in Mass. And I'm sick, again. I was sick in Feb for President's Day weekend; sick again in April for Easter weekend; and now sick for Patriot's Day. My boss decided not to come in because of all the Boston Marathon Runners (25,000+) today. Don't you just hate it how bosses can decide not to come in at the drop of a hat, but if you did that there would be big trouble?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:23:18 PM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 22, 2008, 01:24:20 AM »
I'm grumpy because my A/C was blowing hot air instead of cold and the temperature outside was in the upper 90s yesterday.

Where do you live!? Arizona?

I left for my trip to England with snow in my yard, came home -after two weeks of sun- to what? Snow.

It's the 21st of April for heaven's sake! What's wrong with this place!

But I'm grumpy cause I'd rather be in England, enjoying what was an immensely satisfying vacation, then here.

pengwenn

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #683 on: April 22, 2008, 04:10:23 PM »

I left for my trip to England with snow in my yard, came home -after two weeks of sun- to what? Snow.

But I'm grumpy cause I'd rather be in England, enjoying what was an immensely satisfying vacation, then here.

Yes, I live in Arizona.  And now I'm grumpy that you got to go to England.  I've always wanted to go, but haven't been able to pull it off. 

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 22, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »

Yes, I live in Arizona.  And now I'm grumpy that you got to go to England.  I've always wanted to go, but haven't been able to pull it off. 

Aw, good ol' AZ. I used to live in Tempe, so I feel for you.

I'm sorry I got to go on such a cool trip :) next time I'll invite you to go along to. But until then if you go on a tour go with Cosmos or Globus (Globus being the higher end one)  They did a good job, I was pleased. But it's really expensive over there. The pound is worth double the dollar, so I tried really hard not to think about that when I bought that picture for 27 pounds or that skirt for 20 pounds.

And may I also recommend spending time in Scotland. By far my favorite part of the trip.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 01, 2008, 09:50:07 PM »
It is May first and it is snowing outside.  I do not believe in global warming.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 02, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
Amen to that.

It cost me 60 bucks to fill my gas tank yesterday.  All Ethanol did was make food more expensive.  GRRRR!!!   >:(
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 03, 2008, 05:30:43 PM »
Hey, in England they were paying 1.09 (pounds) a liter. That's 4.14 (pounds) a gallon.

Some of the people on our tour were from New Zealand and they said they were paying $1.90 a liter (NZ dollar) which would be $7.22 a gallon!

That's without the conversion rate. I'm not sure what NZ dollar is worth (probably less than ours), but our dollar is worth half of the Pound Sterling.

I decided filling my truck up for $100 bucks isn't so bad, at least I'm not paying $8 a gallon.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 04, 2008, 01:45:45 AM »
Well, gas prices will continue to rise. There may be periods of relief, but the fact is, the cheap oil is going away. Oil companies keep on having to explore more expensive plays, going deeper, to more remote areas, and where there is less oil.  They are now doing expensive reinjections and other secondary recovery operations on old, depleted plays.  It's that whole theory of peak oil coming to life and right when demand from China and India is on the rise.  So, if you are complaining about the price of gas, stop using so much of it (and get your friends and family to conserve gas too).

A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 05, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »
That would be fine if the oil companies weren't continuing to break quarteryl and annual profit records.  There is no competition, and thereofore these companies, along with OPEC, can fabricate reasons to up the price.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.