Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 154490 times)

pengwenn

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Is this my reality or yours?
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #645 on: January 17, 2008, 11:49:29 PM »
I am miserably sick.  It feels like the Pacific ocean is pouring out of my head.  And why is it I always get sick in January?  Is it personal?

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 18, 2008, 06:08:53 AM »
the first four years of my marriage I had the flu every christmas. The last of which was stomach flu and I threw up for two days. I feel your pain.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 18, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »
I thought I was doing well at not getting sick this year. Now I have a stomach flu of somekind.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 18, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »
i hate anything that deals with my stomach feeling yuck. Thus morning sickness is a real trial for me... especially since I tend to throw up for 3 months and lose all kinds of weight.

I feel for anyone with stomach problems

edited to add that my complaint of the day is that my 6 year old daughter is being THE biggest brat today! Sound terrible? well, she is slamming doors, screaming at me, hitting her brother, threatening to break things, and refusing to go to her room when I say.

She's driving me NUTS! the first word's out of her mouth this morning were rude and it is 10:40... pray for me.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:41:22 PM by charity »

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #649 on: January 21, 2008, 03:16:05 PM »
see, when my kids do that, I just pick them up and drop them on their bed.

Ratlord12

« Reply #650 on: January 21, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »
When my autistic brother Larry was younger, he used to hide his poop in the house to make our mom angry.

He's in a looney bin now and I worry about what will happen to him when he turns 18, likely prison (he's a violent little ass) or someone will kill him.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 21, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »
Well, my darling of a daughter only got worse as the day went. It was a very dark day in our household... but that's not what I have to complain about.

This one's a doozy... ready.... it is 10AM and it is currently -19*F outside!
BRRRRRR! when we woke up at 6:30 it was -2*.... I think it's supposed to be going the other direction.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #652 on: January 22, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »
You should move. I'm here complaining about temperatures in the 20s (positive) because Virginia isn't supposed to get that cold.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 22, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »
It can be trying, especially for someone who moved here a year ago from Phoenix. Our blood hasn't thickened up yet. But it's nearly shirt sleeve weather today, 11*F !  ;)

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 28, 2008, 06:11:19 AM »
In memory of President Gordon B Hinckley.
We thank you for your service and inspiration.
We love you and you will be missed.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 28, 2008, 06:39:44 PM »
You know after putting that on here I feel really shallow adding anything else.... I had to tell my 6 year old this morning that Pres. Hinckley had died, I felt like I was telling her that her grandpa had died all over again. And then she started crying.... Poor thing.

Anyway, not why I was grumpy.

On this other forum I go to they are complaining about young parents who don't properly dress their children for cold weather. Is it just me or do you ever get sick of older parents telling you what you're doing wrong. I hate going to the store and having someone make some comment and you think, "excuse me! but I don't even know you so MYOB!"

This one time I had a guy at a resteraunt tell me to take my kid out if I couldn't get him to stop crying. My brother in law was so mad my sister had to do everything she could to keep him in his seat.

So that bugs me, people telling other people how to parent. If it's obvious that CPS should be involved than I see no problem with stepping in, but otherwise have some compassion!

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 29, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »
My email won't load.  I tried last night and again this morning and have tried on two different browsers, but it still won't load.  I'm really annoyed.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 15, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »
I'm home sick today. I feel terrible. I'm not getting out of bed. I hope my clients will understand.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 15, 2008, 10:46:51 PM »
I have this disc full of pictures I want to look at on my laptop, but it freaks out everytime I try to open the thing... it's annoying. And the baby got a hold of the camera cord (you know so I can put my pics on my computer) I can't find it anywhere now.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 24, 2008, 01:10:50 AM »
I seem to be a common ranter on this thread... maybe I should think about that a little. BUT until then I have one:

My brother wants to 'write' this story with me and my sister, so we're going along with him and having fun. We're doing it in google docs and they come up with all these Idea's and I poked in yesterday and said, "I think we should do it this way"

So he posts back and says that it sounded like I was trying to make the story like Twilight and that he didn't want to write a book for a bunch of girls even if it sold millions of copies.

Okay... if that weren't annoying enough to me (my brother has a tendency to shoot down my idea's cause I'm the younger of us) it totally wasn't remotely near anything in Twilight! And he wouldn't have known anyway cause he's never read the book! My brother drives me nuts sometimes... I should just learn to not talk about writing with him.

whew, thanks.