Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146735 times)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #615 on: December 13, 2007, 04:17:23 AM »
Grading will be the death of me.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #616 on: December 20, 2007, 02:46:44 PM »
yeah, sorry, can't let this die.

A person I added as a friend before I probably should have on another web site sent me pictures.

After deleting the message, bleaching my eyes and scrubbing them with a wire-bristle brush, I removed her. I'm not sure what compelled her to send photos of her posterior to a married man, but it was frightening.

(and yes, I am fully aware she might not even be a she, the gender of the sender is kind of moot)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 20, 2007, 05:11:29 PM »
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

As for me, my snowy commute was anything but pleasant. I was 40 minutes late which means I should stay that much longer tonite since I'm off tomorrow and I already turned in my time sheet. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #618 on: December 20, 2007, 06:40:13 PM »
yeah, sorry, can't let this die.

A person I added as a friend before I probably should have on another web site sent me pictures.

After deleting the message, bleaching my eyes and scrubbing them with a wire-bristle brush, I removed her. I'm not sure what compelled her to send photos of her posterior to a married man, but it was frightening.

(and yes, I am fully aware she might not even be a she, the gender of the sender is kind of moot)

Hah!

That's what you get for playing around with those 14 year old Gaia Online users.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 20, 2007, 07:51:53 PM »
I 'Stumbled' onto a site yesterday that was devoted to protesting models being to skinny (not sure how it came up, so don't ask) and there was this picture of a bunch of people, in England I believe, protesting by sitting naked in a street. So there it is (my filter didn't pick it up) some 500 naked bodies all lying in the street with cops all around them....

IMO that's a bit over the top. And I'm not entirely sure it gets the point across so much as it just makes you look like a wierdo.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #620 on: December 20, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »
Hah!

That's what you get for playing around with those 14 year old Gaia Online users.

For the record:
~If I have suspicions that the person is under 20, I don't friend them. I just don't think I'll talk to them that much
~I didn't look long, but I'm pretty certain she wasn't 14.

Though, as I said, the sender could have actually been a 14 year old boy, for all I know.

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 21, 2007, 02:03:37 AM »
The intarweb is a dangerous place....

Can't wait for the holidays to be over.  I work retail, and I'm tired of being yelled out for not having something in stock.  Honestly folks, believe it or not, it's really not my fault!
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #622 on: December 21, 2007, 03:23:50 PM »
oh heavens, I've worked retail at holiday time, and I empathize with you. Not enough to actually shed a tear, or do anything about it but say nice things. But, y'know. I'm here for ya.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #623 on: December 24, 2007, 09:02:16 AM »
I had to conduct choir for our Christmas program while my neck was killing me.  Incidentally, it still is.  Grrr.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 25, 2007, 06:51:18 AM »
Ack! I don't want to give a talk on "new beginnings" in sacrament meeting on the 30th.  :-\ Yet another reason I wish I could have afforded that plane ticket home for the holidays.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 27, 2007, 05:27:24 AM »
I'm stuck at my in-laws for a whole week... So what's on the list for things to do tonight?
Not go to see National Treasure 2 (no one wants to spend $6), not hang out with my husband (he's playing Starcraft with his brothers), not talk to my mother in law (she's watching some painfully cheesy christmas movie) hmmm in fact I think the only thing I have to do is go to sleep and anticipate the baby waking three times tonight cause the room we're in has no heat.

Just had to get that off my chest.

dawncawley

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 28, 2007, 07:22:47 PM »
How awful :( I would hate it if my mother in law was like that. I got so lucky with her. She lives about six hours away, and doesn't like to meddle. Unfortunately, that means that my sons don't get to see her more than once a year or so, and only in the summer. It is a total bummer.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 29, 2007, 11:30:26 PM »
Dang it! My nice, quiet neighbors are moving out. Waaaaa. Who knows what kind of new neighbor(s) I'll get.
--Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 30, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
I get all ready for church, get into my car, my car tries to start, then I hear a "pop" and now my car does nothing. Looks like I'm spending tomorrow car shopping.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 01, 2008, 04:58:23 AM »
I'm noticing the lack of... aw crap! now I can't go to church... in all that  ;)

May you find great deals on reliable, good looking cars, and make it home in less than 4 hours.

PS has anyone seen NT2? I got my Mother In Law to go to it with me (finally) she said it was a waste of her money. I'm still debating.