Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146677 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #540 on: September 16, 2007, 02:55:20 PM »
Last night, my (and Lost One's) grandmother died of age-related symptoms. Iris Robinson Creer was born in 1908 and had a good, long life.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

pengwenn

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Is this my reality or yours?
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #541 on: September 20, 2007, 07:03:06 PM »
A crack in a band new pair of contacts.

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #542 on: September 21, 2007, 11:40:07 PM »
I've been having stomach problems for the past eight months.  I just had my last test, and the consensus is . . . nothing's wrong with me.  I guess that means the pain and nausea I've been feeling are all in my head.

You should try drinking peppermint tea, Sigyn.  Don't know if you already have at this point (8 months is a long time to deal with stomach pain), but it helps my aunt out a ton, and has helped me on many occasions too.  I still have occasional problems.  Have you tied the pain to anything?  What symptoms do you have?  Lets commiserate.

Sorry.  Didn't mean to try and throw any sunshine into the Grumpy Bear thread.  Ummm....

The computer code I'm trying to develop keeps breaking, and I swear it does things at random just to tick me off.

There, that should offset my previous happiness nicely.  On with Grumpy Bear!
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #543 on: September 24, 2007, 02:49:10 PM »
I just bought a brand new chair to help deal with my tendonitis. I spent a lot of money
It appears to work ok. But the upholstery ont he back isn't firmly attached to the back, so when I stand up the chair looks annoying. I hate returning stuff.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 24, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »
Oh man, I hate returning stuff, too! Except that this time it's my sewing machine, and I paid $80 for them to repair it, only it's doing the same thing it was before! So now I have to take it back, yell at them to get them to fix it AGAIN without having to pay another $80 (here's to hoping, huh?), and then wait a week without it while they 'repair' it. Argghhh.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 09, 2007, 12:54:46 AM »
I just need to vent, please feel free to ignore this.

There is nothing in my life that isn't in flux at the moment.

Family: I had a nephew born today--still don't know his name.
  and I have an uncle in the hospital dying of cancer and not expected to live much longer.

School: So I finished all my homework for the semester for one of my classes, which is good because my other class is driving me crazy with IRB forms and enormous take home exam. And I'm suppose to be working on my application to grad-school.

Friends: wish I had more time for them. But instead I'm just isolated at the moment.

Work: taking the cake, the people running my project have overextended our resources significantly. My supervisor has said she is meeting with me at 9 tomorrow, but I know she is suppose to be at one of the schools at that time. On top of that I just got an agenda for in-service (also tomorrow) which they have starting at noon, but we told everyone that it's starting at 1:00. So they've planned a whole extra hour worth of material, that somehow is going to have to get fitted into a 3 hour block instead of 4 hours. Even if things don't blow-up tomorrow (which they probably will), they've scheduled conferences, workshops, and training meeting for the rest of the month even though they know noone has time for these things. And I'm suppose to be training my replacement, but fat chance of that happening, so I'll just be leaving them high and dry after November. They have some delusion that I'll still be working for them in December (they'd have to cough of a lot of money real fast for that to happen). Also they've maxed out their credit card again.

Health: I'm not sleeping well, I have allergies, I'm constantly talking to myself, and my kneecaps keep slipping out.

Car: decided my car isn't going to last much longer. One headlight went out on me yesterday and I have a laundry list of repairs already.

So besides all that, life is awesome.  :) Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:04:15 AM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 09, 2007, 08:14:51 AM »
Ah man, 42, now my complaint that my boys poured an entire pitcher of red kool-aid all over the kitchen floor today seem that much more trivial.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2007, 03:54:38 PM »

You should try drinking peppermint tea, Sigyn.  Don't know if you already have at this point (8 months is a long time to deal with stomach pain), but it helps my aunt out a ton, and has helped me on many occasions too.  I still have occasional problems.  Have you tied the pain to anything?  What symptoms do you have?  Lets commiserate.

Thanks for the commiseration, even if this is the grumpy thread.  I haven't been able to link the pain to any particular food or activity, except eating in general, which at this point I'm not willing to give up.  I had another ultrasound yesterday and I'm having an x-ray thingy tomorrow, so maybe something will show up, but I really doubt it.  I didn't use to be such a medical cynic.  I'm just  feeling so tired.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
(The Lost 24 Wife)

Sigyn, sorry to hear about your stomach pain. I have had stomach pain for then 10 years. I had every test you can dream of, but none of them show there was anything wrong. So the doctors said you have IBS and we cant help you, dumb doctors. So I have learned to live with pain. Hope you get better help than me.

42, Your nephew name is Ryan David, but now he has Bacterial Meningitis and needed to be sent to a hosptial 2 hours away from where his parents live. He is expected to be in the hospital for 3 weeks.  I am very sad. I know what it is like to have a sick baby.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 04:56:28 AM by The Lost 24 »
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #549 on: October 15, 2007, 04:36:29 PM »
Guess what!
My C6 and C7 vertebrae have a left side focal mark disc bulge with a small tear. And there's minimal degeneration in the C5-C6, c6-C7 vertebrae!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! MRIs are FUN!

No, I've not clue one what any of that means, and whether I'll need surgery or not. But the nurse seemed to know what she was talking about, and now I have an appointment (more than a week away) with a doctor who *should* be able to help... apparently. So maybe I'm finally on the back to recovery. And about time. It's been like 6 weeks with this pain.

I hear that the disc bulge may require surgery. That makes me even more grumpy.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 18, 2007, 04:52:56 PM »
Awww, poor SE. :( That's scary. Will your insurance cover it?

And what about that other job interview? Has that gone forward at all?
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #551 on: October 18, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »
I have very good insurance, actually. I'm pretty sure they'll cover everything but a copay

As for the job interview, I haven't heard anything. I think they decided to pass.

pengwenn

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #552 on: October 18, 2007, 08:58:19 PM »
Last night I got the Red Ring of Death.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #553 on: October 19, 2007, 01:11:20 AM »
Lucky for you that MS is covering 360 repairs completly, even if you bought one on day one, so it won't cost you anything.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

pengwenn

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #554 on: October 19, 2007, 06:32:42 PM »
That's true, but I won't have a 360 to play on for 3-4 weeks (or so they say).  I've had a couple of friends that have sent theirs in and it took them 3 months to get it back.  And a couple of days ago I scheduled a day off from work so I could play Assassin's Creed when it comes out.  I don't think I'll have my system back by then.  Now I'm doubly grumpy.   >:(