Author Topic: A Return to the "So what's everybody playing"  (Read 7749 times)

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
A Return to the "So what's everybody playing"
« on: October 23, 2004, 01:41:01 AM »
With the recent release of the Star Wars DVD collection, our group has decided to resurrect an old Star Wars campaign that I was GMing.  I have had a sequel campaign in the works for a number of months now, and have just held off presenting it as we were involved with other campaigns.

To be able to immerse, you, the reader, to the fullest extent, I would like to introduce you to the characters in this new campaign by offering you some background information on them from the previous campaign.  What follows:

(1) An overview of each character (included in this post),  
(2) An overview of the sector in which the campaign predominantly takes place (to be added shortly), and
(3) A brief outline of the events (notice the usage of the term "brief," and remember that that term is relative).

Hopefully you all will enjoy the future posts.  Feel free to make any comments you desire, and, for those who have played in the campaign, please consult me via my personal email or the phone if I fail to include something that you feel would be vital to setting the stage for the new campaign.  Remeber, this is just a synopsis to give everyone else a backdrop for where the new campaign is coming from.  If you, and others on the site, decide that the notes should be turned into a full-length novel, we can, maybe, talk to EUOL and see what we can come up with.  But that is for a later time.

THE CHARACTERS:

Ryze Marlboros:  A male Devaronian Jedi Guardian who has idolized Mace Winduu since he first heard stories of the Master's combat prowess.  His agility and dexterity are rivaled by few in the galaxy, and are almost legendary for a Devaronian, especially for one of such tender years.  His ultimate goal is to perfect himself through mastery of the lightsaber and his use of the Force.

Kree-Lorn Gwar:  A male Nautolan Jedi Consular who has long dreamed of bringing those who violate the laws of the Republic to justice.  His keen sense of smell, and patient, yet charismatic, demeanor have illustrated that he would be well suited to the path of a Jedi Investigator; an avenue where he might best serve the Force and the Republic.

Eeth Fryahst:  A male Zabrack Jedi Guardian who, as a young child, watched his father in an unarmed combat competition.  Immediately following the completion of the competition, a representative of The Jedi Order approached Eeth's father about his son's potential as a member of the Jedi Order.  Honored to have his first born selected to such a prestigious organization, he was more than willing to allow the Order to train Eeth.  With a final hug, Eeth left his father, bloodied and bruised, but bursting with pride, and began his training as a Jedi.  This image has never left his mind, and guided him to excel in unarmed martial combat as a padawan.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 02:35:31 AM by Nicadymus »
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: A Return to the "So what's everybody playing"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 02:25:48 AM »
What? Where's my bounty hunter?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 02:39:03 AM »
Sorry Sprig.  That is a different campaign.  This one happened well after you were gone to Utah.  Not to mention that your bounty hunter doesn't come around until the Rebellion Era and this campaign is set around Episode I.  If it makes you feel any better, I will have him make a camio in the next Rebellion Era Star Wars campaign that I run.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 02:39:35 AM »
Dryiat-Hoahn's Terminus is a remote sector of space, located beyond the Belkadan System in the Outer Rim.  It is named for the Human and Duros explorers attributed with first contacting the Terminus.  Its isolation stems from the colorful, yet volatile, nebula that cradles the sector in a three-dimensional lagoon.  This leaves the sector physically removed from the rest of the galaxy.  The nearest civilized world outside the sector is roughly four standard days away from The Oasis, a giant space station and customs port, and the closest point to Republic space. Only a handful of safe hyperspace routes exist within the system, and the nebulas chaotic fluctuations regularly cause delays even on these well traveled routes.

There are eleven planets, revolving around dual suns, that have developed intelligent life or have been colonized, and a total of 53 planetary bodies.  Over three-dozen unique life forms have developed within the Terminus, and a handful of these have achieved space travel.

Although the Terminus has been in contact with the galactic community for many decades, there has been little serious consideration from the Republic until recently. The area appeared to have no significant tactical or financial value, and was, therefore, of little importance to the Republic.  Only recently has the Republic made an effort to incorporate the Terminus into the broader galactic society.

Unfortunately this long-term disinterest by the Republic has opened up the space lanes to pirates, smugglers, thieves and criminals.  Efforts by local planetary governments to clean up the Terminus have met with limited success. Currently a joint effort between the regional governments and the Republic is attempting to bring order to this turbulent area.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 02:45:32 AM by Nicadymus »
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 03:07:07 AM »
I know I was being, what's that word, sarcastic....no wait... Jerry, ya I was being a Jerry.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 01:48:24 PM »
Heh, I think I'm getting this Jerry thing. I'll use him for an analogy sometime.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 04:59:37 PM »
Jeffe's running a Savage World pirate campaign, I'll let him talk about that. I'm going to start a M&M campaign, set in the Freedom City camapgin setting. The two players are led by Foreshadow, who gathered them together, sensing that they would be needed soon. Our heroes are Havoc, a speedster with some impressive sneaking and espionage skills, and a currently unnamed brute, a super strong melee fighter.

The plot begins next time we meet (so I can't give away too much here).

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 01:57:41 AM »
hmm never though of havoc as a speedster...

but yeah... 50 Fathoms game, thats starting slow due to lack of players and the fact that I havent run anything in a while....
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 09:16:06 AM »
well, you gave him super-speed. THe problem is you avoided archetypes. What kind of a super hero maker are you?

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 09:12:26 PM »
one level of super speed and thats mainly to reflect really good reflexes...
hes more of a normal, like batman, or nightwing.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 11:13:31 AM »
As the semester is beginning to wind down here at UMKC Law School, I have been spending some time creating the outline of events for the first Jedi Campaign.  It is my hope to have completed the synopsis before the end of the year.  This will allow the group to get a few scenerios under their belt on the new campaign, and give me some new material to post on the site.

Hopefully you all are enjoying your current campaigns, and I am always interested in hearing how things are going.  They make a great read in between homework assignments.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 11:17:02 AM »
Quick Question:  Has any one heard about the Cults of Law and Chaos Dragon Lords of Melnibone (DLoM) supplement that is due to be released soon?  I saw that you can pre-order it on Amazon, but hadn't heard anything about it here.

I would be interested to know what people have heard as the next campaign I am planning will be based in the Young Kingdoms.  If no one is currently in the market to do a review for this book, I may post one when I acquire a copy, but I don't want to steal a resident DLoM guru's thunder.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 12:24:55 AM »
 It was supposed to be released two years ago, and when I noticed that they cancelled that title on their website, I knew the true meaning of sadness.  I emailed the head dude of Chaosium and asked why the book wasn't being released and he said that the author never submitted the work by the deadline.  What a lazy putz!

...yeah, that title was cancelled.  Amazon.com never removed it from their database.  I just checked it and if you look closely, it says that the release date is October 2002.  It's not coming out... :'(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 01:00:10 PM by MoreDew »
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 11:30:08 AM »
Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Bye the way Moredew, do you know where I can get a really big map of the Young Kingdoms?  I have found one at a local shop in KC that is still small but includes more stuff than the one in the book, but I was hoping for something more complete.  Any ideas?
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Rican

• Level 5
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 03:16:48 PM »
If Mordew could hook me up with his map for a few day I could scan it in and make a 11" tall map by whatever wide you want.  Don't forget where I work Nic.