Author Topic: review: Frostburn  (Read 1275 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
review: Frostburn
« on: December 22, 2004, 11:48:44 AM »
reference: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=933

I was significantly underwhelmed. I'm all for new prestige classes and monsters and stuff. But do they have to be boring and so limited?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: review: Frostburn
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 12:27:56 PM »
I actually quite liked the sound of it, from your review. And you could make a workable campaign from having the characters be mercenaries hired to protect an irritating alchemist who has managed to devise a method of turning blue ice into armour, and wants a nice big sample of it. Could let your players use the cold PrCs, as they journey up into the glacier fields.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 12:47:08 PM »
Well, there's already stats for that. It does cold damage to the wearer, too, however, since it radiates cold.

So perhaps he could come up with a way to wear it without taking cold damage.

I'm not saying it's completely useless. I'm just saying that you'd be spending $30 for not much. I'm reluctant to spend that if I'm only going to use it for one campaign, or worse, for only part of a campaign, which I think would be typical

Most of the rules could be used for badguys, if you really want cold based badguys, then do it.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »
I like the frostrager class.  All you need is that guy tanking for a frostmage evoker and you could be an invincible duo.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.