Author Topic: What I learned in Utah  (Read 1272 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
What I learned in Utah
« on: December 22, 2004, 12:12:15 PM »
Is that Daze is a really cool spell.

I think that the GM actually bent a rule to make it less powerful.

Let me set the stage. Much like a certain evil Order of the Stick character, my goal in making the character was to multi-class the heck out of him. He had a level each in Rogue and Sorcerer, plus 2 in Ranger. I could have gone for fighter and taken the feat, but I uh.... who knows what I was thinking. The feats probably would have been more useful for a oneshot character.

Anyway, we're trying to con this guy into drinking some poisoned wine. 42's diplomacy and Eagle Prince's sleight of hand were doing a good job. The guy's fort save was too tough though. So, back up plan: Beat the crap out of everyone near.

We get a surprise round. No action from the bad guy. I cast Daze on him. Apparently his Will was less cool than his Fort . That means that during the surprise round and the next round, he was dazed: flat-footed. And then on the second round (the third round of action we got) everyone who beat that guy on initiative still gets to attack a flat-footed characters. Bonuses galore (there were two of us with the sneak-attack ability). Pretty sweet.

Of course, because I had two levels in classes that didn't get attack bonuses for the first level, I was a pretty bad shot, so I missed a bunch. but yay!

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
Re: What I learned in Utah
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 04:31:53 PM »
That was like the ideal daze spell.  Hopefully the new baron believed our bluff.  So then we not only took out one of the king's supporters, but also coverted him to our side.  It would be like double points or something.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 04:59:27 PM »
that would rule

Of course, it means the revolution and any resulting regime is like, totally based on a lie, but still... DOWN WITH THE MAN!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 08:42:47 PM »
there are plenty of regimes based on lies, so I don't see a conflict there. Just as long as my character is in charge.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 09:15:19 PM »
Shouldn't be too difficult to keep him under that assumption.

I think one of the more fun/funny things we did so far was get the cleric an appointment with the king and keep her thinking that she just smooth-talked her way in.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.