Author Topic: WotC Design & Development  (Read 1514 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
WotC Design & Development
« on: September 23, 2005, 06:22:48 PM »
So I'm really starting to like the Design and Development articles on wizards website.

example: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20050923a

I like hearing what the developers were thinking and what they are looking for in creating new suppliments. It has at least given me ideas about how to build TWG adventures.

Thoughts?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: WotC Design & Development
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 06:58:25 PM »
Wizards is accepting application for adventure ideas:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20050930b

No garauntees of payment or steady work, but at least they are looking.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 07:33:32 PM »
I didn't think wizards 'did' adventures anymore? Due to only one person per group buying it, as opposed to the class books where many players get one.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 10:24:17 PM »
WotC produces a lot of online adventures and I believe they still make adventures for RPGA. They do occassionally publish adventure modules. I actually think they are starting to head back to publishing more adventure modules, or are at least thinking about it.

But if you notice in this article, they are really looking to see how well someone creates a new feats, spells, or magic items.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 05:32:30 AM »
Sounds cool, I want to try it.  The word count will make it a bit hard, 4000 words that is pretty small.  Most of the "short" adventures I've wrote are that long or longer, guess I have to tighten everything up.

Most of the adventures they do are in suppliment books.  There is about 5 in the back of Stormwrack, and I think all the other enviroment books too.  Weapons Of Legacy has these sort of single encounter adventures for every weapon in the book, which is like 40... I think the article kind of hints that they could give you more too, cause it says adventures and suppliments, plus you have to do a new item/feat/spell.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.