Author Topic: A birthday present from Atlas Games  (Read 1629 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
A birthday present from Atlas Games
« on: November 13, 2005, 05:40:02 PM »
A Birthday Present: FREE GAMES!

Next Thursday, November 17, I will turn 36. This past summer, Atlas turned 15. Traditionally I am a total grump about birthdays, but this year I'd like to celebrate these milestones by giving a whole lot of birthday presents. It's been a very prosperous year for Atlas, and all of us here at Atlas want to thank the fans who have supported us for 15 years and made all our success possible.

Here's the deal. If you send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope, I will stuff it full of FREE d20 System roleplaying books and mail it back to you.

There are some limitations and details, which I need to set in order to make this manageable (since I'll be the one preparing and sending all of these gifts!):

This is only available to folks in the USA ; I'm sorry but I can't figure out an easy way to offer this to people elsewhere. If you live outside the US but can arrange for a friend or relative in the US to send in the SASE and then forward the gift to you, that's OK ; I just can't set aside the time for filling out a bazillion customs forms.

The self-addressed, stamped envelope you send me should be at least 10; x 13; it's your choice if you want to use a plain envelope, a padded/bubble mailer, etc. I can't be responsible for damage that may occur in transit.

You you need to attach $2.26 in US postage. This is enough for me to send you up to 3 pounds by Media Mail within the United States.

I must limit this to one gift package per name or address. I reserve the right to reject requests that I deem, in my sole judgement, to be abusive of our generosity.

Your request must be postmarked no later than my birthday ; November 17, 2005.

If you like, you may include a list of Atlas d20 titles you already own, and I'll try to send you items you don't already own, if possible ; but I can't promise any specific titles, and what I send is ultimately up to my personal whim. I am the birthday boy, and this is my party!

Please be patient in waiting for delivery. Besides the fact that media mail is slow (but cheap), filling these requests will have to take a lower priority than other tasks on my to-do list (such as making sales calls and shipping goods to distributors), and I have no idea how many people will respond to this invitation.

Send your SASE to:

Atlas Games
attn: John's Birthday Presents
885 Pierce Butler Route
Saint Paul, MN 55104

If you enjoy the books you receive, please consider visiting your local game store (or Warehouse 23) to pick up more Atlas Games titles. (Yes, this is a shameless marketing effort as well as a gift!)

Thanks again to all of our customers who have made this job fun and engrossing for more than 15 years!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 05:41:51 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: A birthday present from Atlas Games
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 06:43:59 PM »
that is very cool.

The last time I remember something like this happening was a few years ago after the tech market crashed and lots of people lost their jobs so Palladium sent out free books to people without jobs for Christmas.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 10:00:53 PM »
Somebody post a link to Atlas' catalog, so I can see if there's anything I'm dying to get my hands on.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 11:33:05 PM »
What great guys!
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."