Author Topic: What Are you Playing 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 4523 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
What Are you Playing 2: Electric Boogaloo
« on: January 22, 2006, 03:09:32 AM »
It's been a long while since we've done one of these.  What are you playing/running and how is it going.  Prattle on about your current campaigns a bit.

Sadly, and unusually, I actually have little to add this time.

The Vampire: The Requiem game I was running was put on hiatus in October for my wedding and we haven't been able to restart.  We may not and just wait for Deadlands: Reloaded instead.

The long-running Hackmaster game I was playing in got ruined by a sucky player and we switched to an excellent Angel campaign which ended and is now a Gurps: City of Brass campaign, using Hackmaster's City of Brass run by the author of that book.  It's heavy on political intrigue and my character losing virtually everything he holds dear.  In other words, fun so far.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:09:43 AM by Mr_Pleasington »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: What Are you Playing 2: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 03:17:05 AM »
We're playing an Eberon game that's going fairly well, though I did just learn that our Rogue should be dead from Mummy Rot since we didn't bother checking the MM on how it works or how to remove it.

He has to make a roll every minute or he looses 4 con and to remove it you have to cast remove curse then remove disease plus make a caster check.  And we assumed that it was once per day and a simple remove disease spell would cure it.

I'm having fun with my Halfling Bard who happens to be the most useful character in the party with my one hit wonder Grease.  You'd think by level 6 a first level spell wouldn't be the most used spell after any of the cure spells.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:18:11 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 04:38:44 AM »
I don't know, some 1st level spells are always useful.  Grease being one of them. THe other, and my favorite first level spell before it got bumped to 2nd level (grrr) is Spider Climb.

Love that spell.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 07:35:43 AM »
Well, my group alternates between a number of campaigns. At the moment they are all D&D.

We just wrapped a Greyhawk campaign where we all played uber-powerful undead guys. Eagle Prince ran it. It was fun, but now the world of Greyhawk has been turned into a desolate wasteland.

I just put the campaign I was running on hold. It was an Oriental Campaign set in the Underdark. Which I thought was cool before people at WotC started making oriental underdark figs. But since I've started school, I've had to put it on hold. I just don't have the time to create adventures during the week.

Instead I've decided to run through the premade online adventure on WotC's website, and others that I've found. I'm using Mystarra as my generic setting. It takes me between 10 and 15 minutes now to prepare for a session.

Harbinger is still running his low-magic home-brewed campaign. This is quite the feat considering the number of times the players have completely fumbled, thwarting his carefullly laid plans.

We keep talking about running a Mutants and Masterminds campaign, but it hasn't happened yet besides trying an odd adventure or two.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 08:28:11 AM »
I'm running an Eberron game, turning up with precisely 5 minutes of preperation for the games and winging desperately. It's good practice :P I really need to memorise the rules though, I know far less about the rules than the players do so far. Last week a single CR2 Worg nearly did a TPK on a party of 4 level 2 characters. Took the warforged artificer to -8 in one hit (critical, maxed damage, AoO strike...) and the party fighter got down to -4 or something. Hooray for uber crit rolls.

I'm also playing in Orbis Terrarum, a homebrewed fantasy world. It's a dual party campaign (2 groups in the same timeline) and the two guys who made it are gearing it up for a commercial release. They are using the 2 groups as test-beds for the rules system. I'm playing a spy who uses Hearts Fire magic - rays of death that boil peoples blood but give me corruption points. I've just precipitated a overhaul of that magic system since it kinda sucked :P
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 11:53:20 AM »
I know what you mean, Ent--I'm GMing the Eberron game Sprig mentioned, and I think I know the rules worse than anyone in the group (hence the confusionover mummy rot). It's working out fairly well, though this week's adventure is going to be an absolute beast to prepare for.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »
None...
and it ticks me off...

Im tempted to do an online Dr. Who game.
Or maybe find someone whos interested in Rippers.
I wanna hunt Vampires in the 1870's and then harvest them for their organs.

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »
I'm feeling like running a game here at home, now that friends who do play have been reunited. I'm not sure whether or not it should be a straight up D&D game, d20 Modern game or something else...

Any suggestions?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 12:36:43 PM »
Modern, and make a cool modern fantasy spy world...

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 12:58:10 PM »
Our review of d20 Apocalypse goes up today, and that game is highly recommendable. I say do some kind of "aliens invade a future Earth and accidentally cause a new Ice Age, wiping out most of the people on both sides and leaving the bionic human survivors to battle vicious psychic aliens in the world-spanning tundra." You know, the usual.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 01:29:16 PM »
as long as there a Mammoths...  :) :D ;D :o

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 05:22:38 PM »
World spanning tundra, d'you say?

*strokes beard*
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 09:20:33 PM »
i have that book and i love the d20 modern line. right now im playing in a greyhawk campaign and its really intense and i like my new character and i like flying and having wings and junk . first we went from the temple of elemental evil to the planes of wood with a horde of lizardmen and a evil assassin after us we are in for some good times. not to mention a gythanki dragonriding threatening our lives and a spell of necromancy on the plane of wood  we are having a epic old time. :-[
say what again?

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 03:43:19 AM »
Wow.

That post just broke my brain.

I think my mind ran out of breath while trying to read it.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 04:03:43 AM »
Heh, funny thing is Mockman talks like that in real life too.  ;D  J/K
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.